Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DW works so hard with the garden. Around here, things are just starting to set the vegetables, not much is ripe yet. Today we had a 20 minute marble sized hail storm. The garden is about gone. Squash vines are broken off, corn is stalks, tomatoes, cabbage, lettuce, garlic, everything is shredded. The whole place smells like onion from her onion patch getting flattened. So much for selling veggies to the store for cash again this year.

·
Premium Member
8,840 Posts
Sorry to hear about the hail on your garden. Its very depressing to see your wife's hard work in vain. I have been there to. It will make you want to stop gardening, but deep down we know it never will. I would start planning my next garden, for this fall or next spring. If we lived a lot closer, I would share mine with you. I like to share with those that try to have a garden and things like this happen. And also with those that gardened all their life and now their health keeps them from it. :)

·
Premium Member
5,018 Posts
So sorry for your garden, I saw on the news this morning that that hail storm was 12 miles wide. One farmer said he lost, I think it was, 1100 acres of corn, and 600 acres of soybeans. Such a tradegy, to see all that hard work and money gone.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts