Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im wondering if some of my neighbors down in SW Missouri can lend me a hand. Im still stuck up in Illinois waiting on my Severance check and the cooler weather. I'm told the check has been processed and will arrive within the week and I now need to get my ducks in order and find a well digger.

Could anyone down in SW Missouri or nearby area recommend a well digger or look in the local thrifty nickel/ weekly trader/ or phone book and post some phone numbers for me? I'd like to make some calls and arrange something before I go down so I can at least get the ball rolling.

Also if anyone knows some handymen or has a couple of unemployed sons/cousins/brothers-in-law who might like a few days work, let me know.
It will mostly be simple carpentry, but I know Ive got some trees that need cutting up and some brush cutting.

I dont plan to start work until September when it is hopefully cooler, but any names or addresses or leads of any kind would be appreciated.

Hope everyone is coping well with the heat. That's one thing I can say about living in town. Lots of public buildings with A/C. I've found a nice spot in the local bus station where I can read and stay cool and watch the world go by. :rolleyes:

Send me some names folks and thanks in advance.

Mark

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im 17 miles south of Lebanon in Laclede county. I imagine well diggers are not thick on the ground and travel a bit.

·
Premium Member
10,703 Posts
Our guy is Robert Stevens, in Mansfield. 1-866-8493. toll-free call.Highly recommended by me! Then there is Clark Drilling, 1-800-252-7734, people say nice things and are loyal to them.Mike Woolsey & Sons, 888-666-0651.

Hope that helps some. I guess I could go dig up the Leb phonebook...my mom works up there at the Copeland-Emerson plant.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gone a Milkin:

Thanks for the numbers. That should get me started. Mansfield isnt that far from me and they might recommend someone closer if they dont want to travel. Thanks for the help. I will keep everyone posted on progress.

·
If I need a Shelter
21,532 Posts
Wil-Co Drilling Buffalo,Mo. 417-345-6817

big rockpile

·
Premium Member
4,440 Posts
Our well was done by Clark Well Drilling in Mansfield 1-800-252-7734. Pump and lines installed by Arpco Pump 1-800-398-2583.....and we were still in MI and didn't even pay up front!!!!!!!! When we got her we had water. Pump co. always prompt if we need anything; only needed them once for new pressure tank in 20+ years. DEE

·
Registered
5,961 Posts
Hi Mark. I don't have an answer to your question, but you were strong on my mind these last couple of days. How's everything going? Are you enjoying retirement?

·
Premium Member
5,019 Posts
Same as Mutti, here-- Clark, and Arpco--well satisfied, had our well drilled Dec. 1977

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
mutti and ceresone; thanks for the info. i imagine the price hs gone up sm in 20 years :rolleyes:

sancraft; loving retirement busier now then when i worked, but ll for me nd my frends and NOT for THE MAN. :)

will report on progress. thanks all for your help.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
J.C Booth Hollister Missouri, cheapest prices

·
Nohoa Homestead
5,398 Posts
We are using Aqua Wells based out of Rogersville. The one thing that appealed to us the most about this company was that they were a "one stop shop", in other words their wells are turn-key operations. They do everything from start to finish. We liked that because it meant we didn't have to hunt around for a backhoe guy, and a pump guy, etc., etc. Aqua wells also installs septic tanks. So if you have new construction (which we didn't) they can dig your electrical line, telephone line, water lines, put in your septic system *and* drill your well for you! Imagine the headaches THAT saves!

Also, Wendell Martin is very professional and we have been very happy (so far) with the service. They show up when they say they are going to and seem to do a very good, professional job.

donsgal

1 - 12 of 12 Posts