Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever wonder why so many things in the US are in Spanish these days?

47,000 migrants released in the US from March-August 2021 failed to report to ICE

Link

·
Premium Member
30,045 Posts
Home Depot and Auto Zone have had store signs in Spanish for more than 20 years in Columbus, Ohio. It's been building for a long time.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Home Depot and Auto Zone have had store signs in Spanish for more than 20 years in Columbus, Ohio. It's been building for a long time.
Here too?

Not that I really care, I just wanted an excuse to listen to the song.

And you guys in Ohio have Tim Horton's coffee shops back there... Now I'm just gonna sulk.

·
Registered
6,204 Posts
So you can now get jobs if your illegal? Geez that would have saved the crab business on easternshore of maryland. Just a few years back ice raided the packing houses and poof they shut them down.

·
Premium Member
30,045 Posts
So you can now get jobs if your illegal? Geez that would have saved the crab business on easternshore of maryland. Just a few years back ice raided the packing houses and poof they shut them down.
A lot of employers here don't ask if the potential employee is legally allowed to work in the US. Landscapers pay illegals cash at the end of the day. And illegals here have the Spanish Coalition working to make sure they can get jobs. Businesses are not allowed to post "English only spoken here" signs in or on their business.

·
Registered
6,204 Posts
I tell you what the Mexican crew that did my roof was amazing. If everybody had the work ethics they do, everyone would benefit

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Some crews install roofing correctly, some do not. Race has little to do with it. On the other hand, getting a incorrectly applied roof fixed can have a lot to do with race or if the workers are in country illegally.

·
Registered
5,223 Posts
Back in the 1980's they passed a federal law that fined the employer $10,000.00 for every illegal he employed. I wonder why you don't hear about it any more?

·
STILL not Alice
22,646 Posts
Do illegals have to participate in the genetic experiment?

·
Premium Member
30,045 Posts
Do illegals have to participate in the genetic experiment?
No. I posted a link a while back about how Biden said it was wrong to force the jab on illegal immigrants. I'll have to see if I can find it again.

·
Premium Member
30,045 Posts
I can't find the article I linked months ago. But I did find an article about refugees in certain areas are being denied the vaccine because the manufacturers can be sued for complications of the shot. J&J has agreed to provide shots and take responsibilty if someone is harmed by the vaccine but Pfizer is not going to take that risk.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts