Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
9,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In our Utility/Bathroom we have a larger sink.
It has a drain basket like most kitchen sinks have.

Thurday morning I washed up at that sink.
The drain basket was in place.

Thurs evening when DH and I came home, after being gone for 8 hours, THAT drain basket was missing.

And, there were 2 small pieces of green grass clinging to the edge of the sink that were not there in the morning.

Now, it seems apparent that someone must have been in our house.
"Who" and "why" are just a small part of the mystery.

The real mystery is: Why in the world, would they take the drain basket from the sink?

Nothing else seems to be missing.
Now I realize I have a lot of "junque" but surely a real theif might have found something of value to take rather than just the drain basket from a sink!

I can't imagine the cat picking that metal drain basket up high enough to clear the edge of the sink--------and if she had, wouldn't we find it laying on the floor?
And, how did the grass get there?

The drain basket is no where to be found! !
And, it's all pretty WEIRD!

·
CF, Classroom & Books Mod
9,934 Posts
It sounds to me like someone stopped to wash up, and didn't want to leave any evidence behind. :)

Anyone have a key to your house? Call and ask if they dropped by.

·
Banned
9,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tracy Rimmer said:
It sounds to me like someone stopped to wash up, and didn't want to leave any evidence behind. :)

Anyone have a key to your house? Call and ask if they dropped by.
No key required here.
Just one little dog and one 200 pound drule sloppy St. Bernard to get past :rolleyes:

We live in a woods.
Hardly anyone comes up our long driveway.
If they do and have evil intentions, they'll get in whether they have a key or not.

L

·
0 Posts
Tracy Rimmer said:
Ooooh, do tell! :gossip:
Just weird stuff like things moving around, disappearing, and things we never saw before appearing.

For example, items of clothing never seen before will show up in the wash. All sorts of weird things happen.

·
Banned
9,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mystery solved!

It must have been the cat.

She's only 8 months old and a real mischivious rascal.
I find it hard to believe she could have lifted that metal basket up and over the edge of the sink. But with all the other trouble she's gotten herself into, I guess anything is possible.

DH found it under a cabinet in the utility room.
And he admits he may have left the grass in the sink at the same time he was discovering the missing drain basket.

·
Registered
5,499 Posts
Rofl!!!!!!!!!

·
Don't Tase me, bro!?!
1,358 Posts
ladycat said:
Just weird stuff like things moving around, disappearing, and things we never saw before appearing.

For example, items of clothing never seen before will show up in the wash. All sorts of weird things happen.
If you happen to find any white socks with grey tips and heals please return them.

Found a ladies shirt in my laundry that didn't belong to my wife, if it's yours you can have it back. lol. The weirdest thing is that I do my own laundry and I know good and well this shirt wasn't in there... and my socks were.

If you catch whatever's doing it, let it know it's lucky YOU found it and I didn't.

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Tallpines, as I am sure you know... those kittens can sure be curious and do some amazing things. I had tomato seeds in a starter try on top of my 'fridge and when I took them down, something had eaten over half of them. I didn't think that the kitten could jump up there, but she found a way to jump onto the dryer, the back of the dryer, the shelf and then the top of the 'fridge. Crafty little critter! Glad you figured out your mystery!
God bless you and yours
Deb

L

·
0 Posts
Dahc said:
If you happen to find any white socks with grey tips and heals please return them.

Found a ladies shirt in my laundry that didn't belong to my wife, if it's yours you can have it back. lol. The weirdest thing is that I do my own laundry and I know good and well this shirt wasn't in there... and my socks were.

If you catch whatever's doing it, let it know it's lucky YOU found it and I didn't.
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one !!!

·
Premium Member
6,751 Posts
I know how you feel! I have old, fat dachshunds--they can't /don't even jump on the sofa and we were having something tear the trash out of a stainsteel trash can w/ pop up lid and bread off my counter. We do have a tiny doggie door (10 x6) and 4 huge dogs outside that wouldn't even let a cat, squirrel, mouse or mole on the property. It was a big mystery and after the third time. I was sure one or more of the doxies were being really bad when we left the house.. Well, dh came home and found the boxer mix (75lbs) slipping thru the doggie door! Mystery solved... :rolleyes:

·
What can I screw up 2day?
288 Posts
OK....on a daily basis, one of my dogs picks an "object" (or objects) that she absoulutely, positively, must carry out with her to the yard on her "morning constitutional".

These objects range from DH's flip flops to various pairs of shoes to any stray plastic item in my drainboard...oh BTW underwear found in the laundry room - which is usually in a basket 3 feet up from the floor - is also a favorite (one morning I came downstairs after DH had left for work to find three pairs of HIS underwear flapping about the yard....his excuse? "It was too dark to see what the heck she [the dog] was carrying!")

So, Tallpines....I can sympathize....LOL....

·
Registered
5,499 Posts
LOL - still laughing because that kind of thing would drive me crazy too. Any of us with pets know how mischevious they can be!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts