weird bruising?

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Sparticle, Aug 7, 2005.

1. Sparticle

Sparticle Well-Known Member Supporter

I've got these weird bruises (I guess) appearing on my knuckles. They don't hurt and I don't remember hurting my hands, although I do bang them around quite a bit. If you had pink paint on a paint brush and flicked it at a wall it would make little speckles and splashes. That's what it looks like but under the skin. Kind of a cherry color. It's not dark or green or yellow like a typical bruise.

Anyone know if these are bruises or could they be something else? :stars:

2. Mary in MO

Mary in MO Well-Known Member

I get them on my forearms because I take prednisone and now have thin skin. A lot of prescription meds can cause your skin to become "fragile". The spots are painless, cherry red and fade after a week or two. I just look like I've got measles. :cool: It doesn't take much at all to get them. Dog jumping up on me, slight bang. My hands so far haven't done that. If it's still bothering you give your doc a call. Check out your arms while you're at it.

Mary

3. Sparticle

i'm not on any prescriptions at all. But it's good to know other people get them too and they aren't a big deal. I'm out clearing another area today and came in for a little gatorade, whew it's hot.

Yeah it does look like I have the measels but on my hands only. Thanks

4. texican

texican Well-Known Member

you might be having a local allergic reaction to some plant your clearing out... there are lots of plants beside poison ivy/oak that'll irritate the skin...

good luck

5. mtman

mtman Well-Known Member

i get tiny red bumps fron clearing certain evergreens

6. Kellkell

Kellkell Well-Known Member

What it sounds like is petechiae (pit-tiki-eye), which is tiny bleeding under the skin. I would go to the doctor to check it out because it can be an indicator of something much more serious, or it can just be a vitamin deficiency (C and K). But you really should get it checked out.

7. Sparticle

I'll look that up tonight. I don't know that it's an allergic reaction because it's under the skin and completely smooth. Thanks for the info everybody!

8. SherrieC

SherrieC Well-Known Member

Ya i second the check it out! Unless its just AGE spots! LOL! It could be something better caught sooner then later.. Like my step mom who kept brusing and checked into it it was Very serious, and we still have her around 21 years later!

9. Sparticle

Bahahahaha! I'm such an iditot. I looked up petechiae and found out that it can be caused by shooting a gun. I shot a gun for the first time Friday at my gun class and shot for quite a bit. 20 rounds of a 9mm glock, a bunch with the 357 and then a bunch with the 22. I'll bet that's it. Whew!

edit: although after further reading, maybe I should get my platelet count checked.

10. SherrieC

SherrieC Well-Known Member

Well I guess that's not Terminal then! : )

11. Sparticle

Terminal stupidity maybe which I have a chronic case of lately. It just didn't dawn on me I guess because that was Friday? I don't know no excuse. My brain is just dispersed I suppose.