Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, here we go.
These are some of the shots I got this past weekend, visiting WIHH and CF. We had way to much fun, can't wait to do it again, and dh is all set to move up there!
He really, really fell in love with the place, he is so not the impetuous sort either..might have to keep an eye on that man..
Here we go!
First is the Lighthouse on Lake Superior, just stunning!!
Then it's our hosts for the weekend, the ever adorable, and fabulously handsome WIHH and Cabin Fever!!
The stairs at the lighthouse the guys "Thought" we should walk up, that did not happen!
WIHH and Kas, playing about,
My dh, Kas's brother, he was just to sweet!, and CF being manly men!
More to come in the next post!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ouch! Sorry the lighthouse is sideways!

Ok, Trees, trees, and woods were the order of the day....
Some shots of Gooseberry Falls, GORGEOUS!!

Finally, we wave goodbye, and hello to Wisconsin from across Lake Superior, BTW, just an FYI, that lake freezes over in the winter...

Attachments

·
Interrobanger
5,656 Posts
BTW, just an FYI, that lake freezes over in the winter...
:hysterical:

this became a running gag for us. I must have reminded them of that fact every 30 seconds or so. :grin:

It just boggles the mind. At least it boggles MY mind! :)

The pictures are awesome, Hercsmama, and yes, Kasota and I DO look like sisters! But then, Hercsmama and I were calling ourselves "Sistahs from a different Mistah"!

The guy pic is hilarious - those men standing around deciding how to do things while we hugged and laughed and giggled. Typical.

oh, and I did win the hair length contest ;) but only because Hercsmama's is so beautifully trimmed. What a beautiful girl you are, Ms Hercsmama!

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:kiss: You're not to bad yourself!
LOL!!
She did win the hair length contest, hands down!

I have to remember to send you a copy of the pic of you and CF, I just love that one!:)

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
The guys were funny. It took all of two seconds for Debi's DH to notice the bike in my brother's garage. Not long after he's sliding past Debi and I and he whispers to Debi..."He rides with the Legion. Sergeant of Arms!"

Oh, heavens. The boys all look like they could be brothers.

WIHH and I will look more like sisters if I can lose that 40pounds. LOL!

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OH!! They took us to Betty's Pies for lunch too!
So we got to have a nice BIG slice of that amazing Lemon Angel Pie that WIHH posted the recipe for a thousand years ago!
Oh my Lord, it was wonderful.
Dh never misses a motorcycle, ever. He was SAA in the club we used to ride with, so yea, that impressed him as well.
We tried to talk WIHH and CF into buying a bike, but I'm afraid after CF took my dh on a ride in his Military Jeep,, that we may be in the market for one of those instead! LOL!!

·
Interrobanger
5,656 Posts
yum, Lemon Angel. :) Wish I had a piece today! :)

MizMary, if you are ever in the area, just let me know - we would LOVE to have you!

Hercsmama and Mr Hercsmama (Keith needs a better name that this, Debi :nono:) stayed in our cozy, little, off-grid guest cabin and had to use the woodstove to stay warm. They were wonderful sports, he ate anything I threw at him, and I am so glad Hercsmama runs on the same schedule I do - up with the chickens! :grin:

hercsmama, can you remind me the name of the pattern you used for your Outlander cowl you showed me ? That was a wonderful and flexible garment and I wanna knit one - or several!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts