Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will try this again. The first attempt was interrupted as I had to let a pup out and when I came back my monitor was blank. This past weekend was so great in that the weather was 70 deg sunny with a nice breeze. This enabled me to work hard and not break a sweat which is conducive to getting more done. At the end of the weekend I still felt great with minor aches and pains. As we grow older we appreciate those days more.
I was able to mow the yard, blow the leaves into a fence corner for the yard dogs to enjoy, fix 6 qt crock pot of vegetable soup. I cook it at nite so I can enjoy the smell when I wake up through the nite. Cleaned gutters, did ivomec for dogs for heartwork prevention, trimmed all dogs toe nails to get ready for winter hunting season, put plastic cement on chimney for possible leaks from rain, finished raised bed for garlic, cut two loads of fire wood, cleaned off garden and planted winter wheat for cover crop, put insulation in soffit vents and boards in front of vents on house foundation. The last things were catching a nice mess of crappie and fixing them with onion rings and eating them by a camp fire at the pond. Sorry to ramble but I had to share it with someone. Thanks and try to enjoy every day to the max.

·
Premium Member
12,772 Posts
you got all kinds of chores and fun done...keep after it.

Reactions: Twp.Tom

·
Country Girl
4,306 Posts
I enjoyed reading about how you liked to put your soup in the crock pot at night so that you could enjoy the smell at night...Me too! And I like the fact that I can have a bowl for early lunch. :) We've had some much needed rain plus I got a new baby grandson yesterday :) so haven't done much outdoors but I'm working on some insulated beds for the outdoors cats. I'm using big plastic tubs with an inner box (for the actual bed to go into) and layers of card board between it and the tub for insulation. The tub lid will enable me to get into it easily to wash bedding as needed.

·
Premium Member
7,215 Posts
Glad you posted a sequel. The first post really left me hanging! :D

Sounds like you have been busy with work and fun, and I hope the good weather and your productivity continues on for a long time.

·
Reluctant Adult
8,956 Posts
I had a great weekend, too! My Duckies played on Friday night and won; got lots of work done on Saturday (paying work, which is too boring to recount); met a friend for dinner on Sunday and then went on to have drinks with some other friends for a lively evening. A delightful weekend, thanks!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the feedback. Glad everyone is doing their thing and enjoying it all. Last nite was 28 deg here with sleet all the way home. My car doors were froze and I thought I had fogot to unlock them but realized that could not be as I had gotten my lunch box out when I got home.
Visited my Mother in assisted living and she is doing fine although her vision is failing so causing much stress on her. 93. Did her things and visited the Muster on the Wabash. Place north of Vincennes where the Shawnee Chief met William Henry Harrison to complain about loosing so much land to the whites. Did him no good but it was neat to stand in the exact place where 86 indian canoes made the trip from Lafayette Indians to Fort Know in Vincennes in November. It was sunny but cold and windy today. Can only imagine what it was like for those folks back in 1810. Brrr.
Watching football and making more soup. Tomorrow is yard and leaves and taking my pups for some long walks and maybe cutting some more fire wood. This time of year is soo nice hear as the weather is warm and cold and the leaves are at their peak for color. Life is good. Enjoy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts