Wee bit nippy

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by birdie_poo, Nov 29, 2006.

1. birdie_poo

birdie_poo Well-Known Member

It is starting to feel a bit like winter. It was just under 50, last night so we had to bring in our 4' iguana, Senior Mucho. He spent the night in the tub with a hot pad.

Today, the wind was blowing, so it was even colder with the wind chill.

I think this year's weather has been so crazy. Last weekend t was so hot that I sweat while feeding the animals. Today, it's so cold, even my husband, who swears it doesn't get cold in California, was complaining that he was so cold last night because I stole the covers!!!

2. mightybooboo

mightybooboo Well-Known Member

Yes,its in the 40's around here,and freezing just up the road.Add in that wind,its COLD!!!!!!
    Edit-I lied,its 30 outside,and the wind is hard!The waterers are frozen.

Brought in the citrus trees a couple days ago,good thing.

BooBoo

3. Txsteader

Txsteader Well-Known Member

Cold is forecast to arrive here tomorrow. Expected lows near freezing. Things seem more urgent in the wildlife community this morning. Birds filled the hen yard (there was even a pair of ringed turtledoves!), competing for corn and the squirrels are fighting over the nest box. Scamper, the resident squirrel, is putting up a fierce defense, only sticking her head out enough to give a nip to any would-be intruders. Wasps have been swarming for days....a sure sign of cold weather coming.

Getting as many outside chores done today as possible....plants, laundry and shopping.
    I hate getting out in the cold and rain.

4. BarbG

BarbG Well-Known Member

Wow I'd love that kind of weather... Yesterday we hit -37C (C and F meet at -40). But today it's warming up... it's only -18C at the moment!! LOL. And as for snow we have about 2 feet on the ground (quite old already) and more coming down as I type!! BTW this is unusual weather for us. It normally does not hit these temps until Jan!! Have a great day!! Enjoy your weather!! :) BarbG

5. mtman

mtman Well-Known Member

its 65 now and i love it

6. frazzlehead

frazzlehead AppleJackCreek Supporter

Ha ha ha ha ha... temperatures near freezing! To us, that's a HOT DAY! ;)

Seriously - minus 29 this morning (celsius!) and I'm frozen in.

It'll be a balmy -14 tomorrow, maybe the truck'll start then.

7. Txsteader

Txsteader Well-Known Member

That is funny. Around here, you can always tell a 'yankee' because they're the ones running around in shorts & Tshirts while us natives are wearing coats and caps, because to us southeners, 50 degrees is cold!! :p