Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess I show my age when I ask this question. Why does it seem that these days when women have parties and showers they do not have them in their homes.?? Many of the women I know have beautiful homes and they do love to show you through them.. Husband says they don't want them to get dirty. :huh:

·
Premium Member
15,981 Posts
They may feel their house is too small.

·
Premium Member
12,677 Posts
It's been awhile since I've been to one but some I've attended in the past were surprise showers, which was the reason given for having it in another location apart from anyone's home. One was in a restaurant in the large dining area reserved for large groups, and one was in a church basement. The wedding shower was in the restaurant and it was a beautiful set up with an almost complete meal in appetizers, no assigned seating and everyone was free to move around. The baby shower was in the church basement and was also a nice large open area for playing the typical games and lots of space for the big baby gifts. It was men as well as women too.

·
23,497 Posts
I have had three baby showers here at home and one wedding reception- the wedding itself was at the church. We had 40-50 guests at the baby showers and there was plenty of room. The wedding reception was over 200 people and we actually used our house and Kadia's house which is really close to our house- just a walkway between. The reception was in January so the weather was not conducive to an outside area. I was really surprised at how many people showed up and it was pretty crowded but everyone had a lot of fun- and yes the floors were a mess, but they are tile, so a good scrubbing took care of it!

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
20 years ago i opted for a restaurant to host my sisters baby shower because of the stress level i would endure to have it at my house....preparation of food....tables/chairs...etc.....and i could thoroughly enjoyed myself...

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
because of all the prep work getting ready for a party, cleaning cleaning cleaning, them food prep cooking, then more clean up, then after everyone leaves your left to clean it all up yourself. I dont offer anymore. and it cost the host money as well.

·
Registered
539 Posts
The church I work for has a social hall that holds 150, always preset for 32. Full kitchen, elevator down to it, lots of open space and restrooms. Members have free use and non pay a donation of 25. It's become busy not only for showers but even quite a few kiddos bday parties. Parking, easier to clean up, no rearranging the house to accomodate a crowd.
And as mentioned, the surprise factor. :) We've used it for baby and wedding showers and it worked out to be much less stress and work than at home. We even have a few who reserve for Thanksgiving when the whole family is coming.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts