Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Mother,Artist, Author
3,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been seriously thinking of upgrading my freebie website and combining my two websites together into one fantastic site.

Of course, money is always an issue. So I am looking for something reasonable in price. So I am wondering if anyone can suggest websites, animated gifs for websites, and also if anyone has any experience in having a paypal account with a shopping cart on thier websites.

I am thinking this might be the advancement I need to help promote sales from my website.

any input would be greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
FiddleKat said:
I've been seriously thinking of upgrading my freebie website and combining my two websites together into one fantastic site.

Of course, money is always an issue. So I am looking for something reasonable in price. So I am wondering if anyone can suggest websites, animated gifs for websites, and also if anyone has any experience in having a paypal account with a shopping cart on thier websites.

I am thinking this might be the advancement I need to help promote sales from my website.

any input would be greatly appreciated!!
I'm no website master, but if you have a paypal "Business account", you don't need their shopping cart, unless you are selling more than one item. I sell cornhole games and have a "Buy Now" button that directs them to my paypal account. You can look at my site if you want to:

www.boleyz-cornhole.blogspot.com

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
The business account takes a bigger percentage of the sale, but I can't remember how much. You can go to Paypal and read about it. Those "Buy Now" buttons may be available for a basic account as well, but I doubt it.

You could set up a "Buy Now" button on each item, but that would make them pay for each item before they went to the next.

You definitely need a shopping cart. Paypal may not be the cheapest. I just don't know.

godaddy.com has some good rates and features. You might check with them.

Also, the sites that you are already on may have an upgrade deal to a shopping cart storefront. I believe you can make the shopping cart checkout and send the money to any account you choose. I'd wire it directly to my checking account and forget about paypal.

Also, you MUST have credit card processing capabilities or you won't sell much. That's where paypal comes in for me.

If I had a lot of things to sell, I'd explore a pre-built storefront with templates and shopping cart and email accounts. They're usually not too pricey if you have items that people want to buy and you can move merchandise.

If your stuff is slow-moving or limited in appeal, the monthly costs of a good site might out-pace your profits.

However, the pre-engineered sites can also help you get ranked in the search engines, and that's really where it's at.

·
Scotties rule!
1,617 Posts
Get a website without pop up ads!! Nothing turns me off a website more than a bunch of ads attacking my computer.

Kathie

·
Mother,Artist, Author
3,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's one of the main reasons I want to upgrade, is to get rid of the pop up ads. I figure I would look more professional without all the pop up ads.

Boleyz I am nervous about having money wired to my bank account. I know my paypal account right now, doesn't have any of my bank or credit card info on it. I just want it for people to be able to pay by paypal and send it to my account, since I noticed paypal said they can send you a check of what's in your paypal account. The downside is I can't buy anything unless someone buy's something from me and sends it to my paypal account. But I figure that could be an incentive for me not to buy anything! lol

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Paypal seems very secure and I've done wire transfers to my bank account from them for several years...never had a problem. The last time I looked, don't they charge a few bucks to mail you a check? Wire transfers are free.

·
Mother,Artist, Author
3,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I believe its a $1.50 to send you a check. To me I would rather pay the $1.50 for piece of mind not giving my bank account. But that is me.

·
Registered
950 Posts
i wouldnt over do the animated gifs. I for one dont like them.
it slows down the opening of the page as each frame has to load for the gif. Dial up people gotta really hate this. DSL not so bad but still.
plus its irritating to much flash and dance going on.
maybe a discreet animation to catch someones attention to a special deal or product but PLEASE dont over do it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts