Web site building?

Discussion in 'Goats' started by lhopkins, Dec 15, 2004.

1. lhopkins

lhopkins Member

Our herd has grown to the point where we really need our own buck and my daughter (her goats) and I have been looking at sales lists.

This has got her to wanting her own website for her girls and kids. I know there are several places that hosts farm sites for free.

I have done a couple of sites before but you know how it is, mom doesn't know what she is talking about!

Any of you know a program that is easy enough for her (age 11) to build her own site with pedigree and pictures? Something that will let her change and update anytime she wants? Of course without my help!

Thanks so much

Leslie

2. Milking Mom

Milking Mom COTTON EYED DOES

Geocities has a web page builder that you can use the page wizard on. It is really easy a kid with computer experience shouldn't have any trouble using it.

3. seahealth

seahealth Well-Known Member

and geocities also provides free web sites too, so that may be a good place to start.

you can also use any editing software for designing sites and just upload the files.

4. Lt. Wombat

Lt. Wombat Well-Known Member

We use Front Page which is SUPER easy with its WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) interface. Our site is currently the product of our 12 year old with the exception of some hidden stuff she can't see that I have up there hosted for some friends of ours.

I personally steer clear of people with GeoCities and other free hosting sites because usually one click on them and whammo, spy ware and pop ups are everywhere (they make their cash by ambushing everyone who visits your site with adds).

We are hosted by Winsave for $10 a month. It has NEVER (knocking on Formica) been down that I know of. And since we do our own up loads nothing is on our site that we didn't put there. There is no limit to how much traffic you have (within reason, I mean that won't host MSN.COM for $10) but we have never come close to the limit with our hits averaging 1000 a month.

5. Lt. Wombat

Lt. Wombat Well-Known Member

Speaking of web sites Milking Mom, I notice yours is down (temp disabled it says) (in case you didn't know)

6. Milking Mom

Milking Mom COTTON EYED DOES

I disabled it. I have decided to make some changes due to some input from some on this board and since Renegade bred a couple of the does also. I'll get it changed and back up and running one of these days. Thanks. :) I used the Geocities site, but not the free one. The one I had was $8.99 a month and had no advertising on it.