web rabbit sites????

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by Frenchy, Dec 17, 2006.

1. Frenchy

Frenchy Wrangler's Roost

anyone know of any web sites that might have rabbits for sale like the ones available on ebay for chickens an hatching eggs???? etc. etc.

2. Jennifer L.

Jennifer L. Well-Known Member Supporter

You can't ship rabbits through the mail so there aren't that many who will ship. You have to take them to the airport and they fly air freight and it is NOT cheap.

There is a yahoo group Rabbit Classifieds that might fit your bill, though. Just keep an eye out for rabbits close to you, and there will be occasional people who ship, as well.

Your best bet, IMO, is to make contact with breeders in your area/state for delivery of rabbits to a show in the spring. My nearest show is about 75 miles away and that's how I got my start with most of the breeds I have. I did have my American Sables shipped from the Midwest, but that involved a 200 mile round trip to the nearest airport of size in the middle of a rainy night!

Jennifer

3. rabbitgal

rabbitgal Ex-homesteader

Um...

www.groups.yahoo.com/group/rabbitclassifieds

www.groups.yahoo.com/group/showbunnylist (general board for show rabbit breeders, they run ads on Tuesdays)

www.rabbitandcavydirectory.com (no ads, but a listing of breeders. Searchable by state and breed)

Sometimes breeders advertise on the general free pet ad sites like www.petclassifieds.us. Your best bet is probably to check out the breeder directories though...better chance of finding a legit breeder instead of just someone who happens to have a certain breed.

Are you looking for rabbits or somewhere to advertise?