Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally broke down & put the window AC in. I just can't take the humidity anymore. I sit in the chair in front of the fan & sweat. So, for the sake of a good night's sleep I did it.

How's the weather in your area? It is upper 80's, low 90's here with awful humidity. I have to spend Sunday baking pie for our church picnic & now I can do it without killing myself! :D

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Well, I live in the south, sooooo.....:)

Seriously, though, we just went through our hottest weather this year...95-100 with VERY high humidity...I swear, it was like breathing steam! For now, it has passed, but it wouldn't surprise me if we got another shot before fall.

I have a love/hate relationship with the land of my birth...seriously!

·
Registered
16,445 Posts
I finally broke down & put the window AC in. I just can't take the humidity anymore. I sit in the chair in front of the fan & sweat. So, for the sake of a good night's sleep I did it.

How's the weather in your area? It is upper 80's, low 90's here with awful humidity. I have to spend Sunday baking pie for our church picnic & now I can do it without killing myself! :D
Did the same as you when summer finally got to god's country last Friday. It's gone again so I'll take it out this morning and go back to just a fan.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I look at the weather yesterday high 95 with a feels like of 113 with the humidity. So I make the best of it and stay inside and get on HT:happy2:

·
Registered
858 Posts
Hi Wendy, I feel your pain. It's going to be in the high 80's here in S.Ohio with high humidity.

Once upon a time I absolutely loved summer. However, with my "age-related" personal thermostat, summers are an ordeal for me. And being an outdoor gal, it is quite a bummer to not be able to work and enjoy gardening, etc. I still refuse to give up entirely cause I am just that stubborn. Lol Just take more frequent breaks.

We have been using AC too, just enough to quell the humidity enough to get good sleep.

·
Also known as Jean
1,509 Posts
Hi 90s here. Should last a few more days, then a break. This late in the season, at least, the high heat won't last long --- at least that is the way it has worked in the past!

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
Southern MN has been hot and humid the past few days. I seem to be north of the hot stuff. Highs in the mid 60s, lows 50s, and dew point 50s. I do have to run the AC in the afternoons when the sun tries to turn my home into a sauna.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
I could never justify air conditioning, the few days it gets hot here doesn't seem worth it for me. The old saying here is " If you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes." Very seldom does it get to 90, and where I am the breeze always seems to blow a little. I can stand heat and some humidity as long as the air is moving. We are between two lakes so that modifies our temperature nicely most of the time.

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm usually the same, but for the past week it has been in the 90's, high humidity, & no air moving at all.

·
Banned
1,811 Posts
Hmmm...y'all are making me think I need to re-pack some things.

We're hoping to go camping in Vermont next week, and if you look at the clothes I packed, you'd think we were going to the North Pole.

·
Premium Member
10,372 Posts
Cooling off now, low 80s. It feels like fall in the morning, a lot of dew. It cools off for sleeping at night, we have no air conditioning, not enough electricity, being off grid. A little breeze comes up in the evening and blows across the pond to cool it off. They are calling for 30% chance of rain Sat. and Sun....James

1 - 15 of 15 Posts