Weather Check

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by moonwolf, Dec 18, 2004.

1. moonwolf

moonwolf Well-Known Member

So far this is the coldest night. It's -19F out there. :eek:
    Weatherman said it would get down to -31C. It's probalby to go below that out my way. Northwestern Ontario Sunset Country.....Nice clear night, but she's cold out there......brrrr!

2. Sarah J

Sarah J Well-Known Member

Coldest night so far here, too. A balmy 9 degrees with a wind chill of -10 degrees and a low tonight predicted of -2 (wind chill worse, but they never tell yo ua "predicted" wind chill, only what it actually is at the time). It's supposed to actually fluctuate between "warm" (mid to upper 30's) and cold for the next two weeks before settling in for cold and colder.

I figure we're in for it for another four months, like usual! :rolleyes:

-Sarah

3. ozarksnick

ozarksnick Don't Tread On Me!

According to the weather station at the local high school (which can be accessed over the internet, neato) it is currenty 38.5 degrees outside. And it's dropping at a rate of 2.5. Don't ask me what the rate is, in other words 2.5 degrees per hour/minute? I don't know the site doesn't say. ;)

But its supposed to get down to 15 or so tonight. Then on Monday its supposed to be back in the 50s. Sure wish the weather here would make up its mind.

4. Ken in Minn

Ken in Minn Well-Known Member

Yea It's cold here also but not -19 yet. Moonwolf you really don't need to push that stuff our way. thanks. Hope you have nice holiday season.

Ken in Minn

5. Shadowood

Shadowood Member

Being born and raised in south Florida I can't even imagine what -19 degrees feels like. :eek:

Stay warm and have a Merry Christmas.

6. FrankTheTank

FrankTheTank Well-Known Member

shadow~you don't want to...It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the winds, thats what makes it feel really cold...

i'm looking @ 4F here @ the house, and thats with a roaring northerly wind...Hey Ken, Wait until the next batch comes down later next week...

7. Clara Bell

Clara Bell Well-Known Member

Its chilly, but no Artic winds blowing here.
    We're expecting snow tomorrow from the weather guys. I don't feel it.
    I just feel maybe some flakes like the other night when I saw some white dusting down going out to the barn to put the goats up.
    Every little flake counts.

8. Leay

Leay Well-Known Member

I just got home from work and it's COLD out there! I checked Weatherbug and apparently it's 6F right now with 11MPH winds. The lowest windchill reading expected tonight is 5 to 15 below. The wood stove is roaring. :)
    Leay

9. bgak47

bgak47 Well-Known Member

We don't usually get those extreme low temps here in OK.We've been having average to above average temps here.

10. desdawg

desdawg Well-Known Member

High of 73, low of 40 today here in the AZ desert. We live here for the winters. At the other place in the mountains of northern AZ high will be 65, low of 23. I believe I will head up there in the spring. :)
    Leay, did you know that the weather bug is spyware?

11. anniew

anniew keep it simple and honest Supporter

It's not so bad here now (high 20s), but low tonight will be
    -3 F, with windchill down to -22 F, and tomorrow the HIGH
    will be 6 F also with windchills down to -23 F.
    Bundle up, kids!
    Ann

12. marvella

marvella Well-Known Member

hanging right at 32, expecting our first "real" snow tonight (not just a dusting), and supposed to be down to 10. the snow part is ok, since we are having our family xmas today, as most of us are working over the holiday.

i can't wait for spring. at least after tomorrow, the days will slowly get longer again.

13. HermitJohn

HermitJohn Well-Known Member

SUNNY and in the high teens here in NW Arkansas. Highs in 30's predicted this afternoon. Supposed to actually warm up overnight and highs in 50's-60 Monday/Tuesday(first day winter), then deep freeze again with highs in 30s and lows in single digits to teens rest of week. Some flurries predicted Xmas.

The sunshine makes all the difference. It could be -30, but if its sunny, not so bad. Now endless clouds and snow and -30 like in Michigans UP where I used to live, yuck. Especially all that snow piling up. It would compact some but not melt any until spring.

14. HilltopDaisy

HilltopDaisy Well-Known Member Supporter

It didn't get too cold here in NY last night; no ice at all on the water buckets. Tonight is supposed to be a whole 'nother story, temps in the single digits.

15. Cabin Fever

Cabin Fever Life NRA Member since 1976 Supporter

-20 F this morning

...think I'll go ice-fishing

16. moonwolf

moonwolf Well-Known Member

With the thin snow cover ice forming on the lake is faster. 8" of ice on the bay of the big lake. It's already safe to go crappie fishing.
    it's -25F this morning. Forecast is for +30F tomorrow with snow.
    YO YO weather. :confused:

17. mikell

mikell Well-Known Member

10 F 20 MPH winds and the weather cam in town shows a white blur. The weathre bug says a wind chill of -66584 I don't think it's quite that bad more like -6 or so. Did I mention the sun is shining brightly trough the blast of snow.

mikell

18. FrankTheTank

FrankTheTank Well-Known Member

-8.3F (our low)down here in SouthWest WI...that ice fishing might just be on tap for today or tomorrow...

I was talking to someone yesterday that said the Lake of the Woods still had pretty thin ice--not after last night!..whats with that fish limit up there?

19. JustinThyme

JustinThyme Active Member

Some trees are still bowed over from the 7" snow we had in the beginning of september because they still had lots of leaves on them .
    Last week was very cold (-31C) ,this week was nice (+10C during the hot part )
    In january it got to -52C last year .
    Woke up this morning to icerain pelting the side of the house .
    I really wonder if they would have gone through with the industrial revolution if they knew how it would affect the climate these years .Probably ,if you have money to burn :)

20. miclew

miclew Well-Known Member

It is supposed to snow tonight. The clouds are rolling in already and it is only 2:45pm. It is supposed to be 16 degrees.

michele