We Were Victoriouse!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Goats' started by myrandaandkids, Aug 4, 2006.

1. myrandaandkids

myrandaandkids Well-Known Member

with all the gripes and snootiness and sneers at us for knowing nothing about showing and even having un clipped and unshaven goat we won!!!!our pygmy got secong in her class and first in alternate breed show class , my milking saanen placed second in her class, my yearling dry saanen placed first in her class, my nubian doeling placed first in her class, and my three year old son placed first in pee wee showmanship and my 5 yearold daughter placed chamion in pee wee showmanship, i am sooo proud of of my family and my animals, i thought it would be a few years before we could show em what we were worth, but when we left the ring with all our goats their were several in awe :) :dance: so to all of you that posted after i was so upset about how we were treated during registeration, some said things to the effect of thats why i have never gone, iam worried about that kind of thing because i know nothing about showing either, it just goes to show ya when you put your mind to some thing anything is possible, and i couldnt be happier,(especially after having reserved myself to thinking i had no chance at anything so i might as well just go to learn and have faith in my goats and be proud of them,)we couldnt have been anymore proud if all our goats had walked out grandchamions with cash prizes, they were great:)

2. trob1

trob1 Well-Known Member

Way to go! Thats the way to show em.

3. myrandaandkids

trob1, do you have pics of your pygmys? the judge said my sons was so small it was hard to believe she was a yearling,and all the others shown were bigger than her, also that i should have groomed better in the trouble areas, what do yours look like at show? what colors are yours? where are you located?

4. Faithful Heart

Faithful Heart Well-Known Member

Way to GO!! :happy: :banana02: :goodjob:

5. xoxoGOATSxoxo

xoxoGOATSxoxo when in doubt, mumble.

THAT IS AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) you and your family must be great showmen with great goats!! Congratulations! :) :)

6. nduetime

nduetime I am a Christian American Supporter

WooHoo! for you and your family (goats included). There could not have been a better end than walking away with a big smile and ribbon. Also shows you do not have to be a snot, er, I mean snoot to win at shows.

7. cmharris6002

cmharris6002 Well-Known Member Supporter

Wow! I am so happy for you. Way to go :hobbyhors

8. caroline00

caroline00 Well-Known Member

9. AnnaS

AnnaS Well-Known Member

:dance: :dance: :dance:
    Myra we knew you could do it!!!! Your children did an awesome job to get first place and champion on their first show!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Are ya hooked on showing now?

10. myrandaandkids

yes, deffinatly hooked on showing and next time we will be more prepared thank you all for your help and support:)

11. trob1

trob1 Well-Known Member

I have a website that you can visit to see my goats. I have not been to a show yet but most of my goats have been shown by the previous owners and all of them come from show goats. I am trying to get time to go and visit one. I have been afraid that I would look stupid not knowing what to do but you have inspired me greatly. I live in Middle Tennesse in Thompsons Station. Hey go take a look at my goaties at www.littlewishesfarm.com Let me know what you think.

12. Dee

Dee Well-Known Member

There was a woman I knew who would brag that she came in ribbons in different horse shows. I would ask her how many people were in the class and she would get mad (most times there were only 4 to 5 people in the class) until the one time there were over 20 people in the class and she came in ribbons. She finally understood why I asked because she felt great coming in so well against so many people.

I can picture that is how you are feeling right now. Congratulations!!... Where did that registration woman's goats place? Just curious.

13. prairiecomforts

prairiecomforts Well-Known Member

Good for you!! Showing has bee a real confiedence builider for my kids and I think it can be a real fun family activity. Congrats to you and the kids!

14. goatmarm

goatmarm Well-Known Member

15. myrandaandkids

trob1 your pygmys are beautiful!!! thank you all, and by the way Dee the registration woman lost every class except senior showmanship. she wasnt so smug when we left today, she mumbled something about nice job you did ok for your first time and your goats held up thier end as she looked away and shook my hand when we left the fair.

16. suburbanite

suburbanite Well-Known Member

N. Calif./was USDA 9b before global warming
    From riding ponys, I think one of the things in shows is 'showmanship', projecting that flash that you're the best thing since sliced bread, and I kind of think that the snoots either mistake confidence for snootiness, or are trying to deflate the confidence of their competition because they lack it themselves.

It's fabulous that your goats won. I haven't been on the board long enough to know you, but I get the impression around here that most folk choose their stock for practicality and disposition--for substance. That's gotta buy a lot in a show ring where some of the animals may have been bred for shows and nothing but.

(I'm having a problem with the show-breed mentality right now because I've been looking for another Siamese kitty after mine died at age 20 three years ago, and all the Siamese these days are nutso-cuckoo because the only criteria for breeding has been 'show looks', not brains. They used to be a great breed...)

17. suburbanite

suburbanite Well-Known Member

N. Calif./was USDA 9b before global warming
    PS--goat Tug looks like a lion!

I had no idea pygmy goats came in such interesting colors and coats. The few I've seen before were all sort of rottweiler or dachshund-colored short-hairs, friendly footnotes at the pony farm.

Please tell me they're a pet, fiber, or milk breed, they're too cute to eat...

18. pookshollow

pookshollow Pook's Hollow

That's awesome!!! I'm so pleased that you had a good experience after all.

Your kids must be over the moon. :dance:

19. Dee

Dee Well-Known Member

hee hee...

20. KimM

KimM Student of goatology.

WONDERFUL!!! I felt so bad for you when I read your first post. I didn't reply because I had to get some things done but wow, this sure makes up for it, I'm really happy for you and your family. CONGRADULATIONS!! Didn't that feel great? :hobbyhors :dance: :baby04:
    Please post pics if you have some!