Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,757 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,907 Posts
I saw the actual quote, he said to go out on the balcony and fire two blasts with the double barreled shotgun.

·
Registered
17,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alabama man, Florida man. I figured we needed a Texas woman too.

·
Marked safe from the TP famine of 2020.
20,301 Posts
I saw the actual quote, he said to go out on the balcony and fire two blasts with the double barreled shotgun.

Take a gun that obviously only has two shots, then fire two "warning shots". Yeah, the Senile old Racist was a slobbering moron before the dementia really started to eat his tiny brain.

·
Registered
17,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Take a gun that obviously only has two shots, then fire two "warning shots". Yeah, the Senile old Racist was a slobbering moron before the dementia really started to eat his tiny brain.
Although, I do know a man that can kill 3 or 4 birds with a double barrel from the same covey. He is that fast with a double barrel. Never have seen his equal with a double barrel though so us mere mortals better not use up all our shots with a warning.

Same guy cant hit a barn with a .223 at 200 yards though. It's all relative I guess.

·
STILL not Alice
20,717 Posts

·
Registered
12,084 Posts
Of course you won't find anyone in law enforcement that will go along with firing warning shots, and in some areas of the country I can think of 3 or 4 charges the local LE would write you up on while you sit in the back of their squad car with the peeper. Then there was the Missouri couple (attornies) who stood outside their front door with guns drawn while the mob broke thru the gate. Most of us know how well that went for them.

·
Registered
6,757 Posts

That was another crazy one, but he actually did say the bit about firing your shotgun through the door.

Here’s the actual quote in case I screw up this link like the last one. Funny enough, he’s actually quoting himself, saying that this is what he told someone else to do.

V.P. BIDEN: Well, the way in which we measure it is–I think most scholars would say–is that as long as you have a weapon sufficient to be able to provide your self-defense. I did one of these town-hall meetings on the Internet and one guy said, “Well, what happens when the end days come? What happens when there’s the earthquake? I live in California, and I have to protect myself.”

I said, “Well, you know, my shotgun will do better for you than your AR-15, because you want to keep someone away from your house, just fire the shotgun through the door.” Most people can handle a shotgun a hell of a lot better than they can a semiautomatic weapon in terms of both their aim and in terms of their ability to deter people coming. We can argue whether that’s true or not, but it is no argument that, for example, a shotgun could do the same job of protecting you. Now, granted, you can come back and say, “Well, a machine gun could do a better job of protecting me.” No one’s arguing we should make machine guns legal.

·
Registered
21,699 Posts
Saw a news story a few years ago where a guy was installing a new tv cable in his house and maybe didn't have a drill or had a better idea. He got his gun and shot a hole through the wall from the inside and the wife who was outside to feed the cable through the hole was shot in the stomach. Dang women are always in the way.

·
Registered
379 Posts
We've had a big increase in complaints about this issue in my area as well. Cops won't even come out any more due to lack of officers unless someone's life is in danger, and/or there is good, use-able evidence (blood from a cut, etc), which is unfortunate, because there is a higher chance than not that the person(s) is going to end up getting shot, too.

·
Registered
17,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
We had a peeping Tom about 10 years ago. A lady called him in and they arrested him. They let him out the next day and he showed up with a machete and hacked on her until her son took it away from him and hacked back.

If someone I peeping into your window I can guarantee they are up to no good.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts