We lost another one

Discussion in 'Goats' started by Goat Freak, Nov 25, 2006.

1. Goat Freak

Goat Freak Slave To Many Animals

:Bawling: My dad accidently ran over Dutchess with his truck, he was giving the girls hay, and when he got close to them they all ran, all except Dutchess, she ran in front of him, and he accidently ran over her. Now out of the 7 boer babies we've had born on our place, 4 have died, 3 of which were girls, we only have one girl left now. Her mother had a hard time bringing her into this world, she was so big, and she was positioned wrong, her mother loved her, now she's gone. here are some pics of her when she was a baby.

[​IMG]

Dutchess and Queenie right after Dutchess was born, Queenie was so tired she couldn't stand, but she kept moving Dutchess closer and closer to her, and kept putting her head around her.

[​IMG]

Dutchess and Queenie, Dutchess had problems walking the first couple of weeks, cause she was stuck.

[​IMG]

Queenie cleaning Dutchess.

[​IMG]

Queenie cleaning Dutchess again.

[​IMG]

Closeup of Dutchess, she looked just like her mama.

2. PygmyLover

PygmyLover nigerian & pygmy breeder

oh how sad! I would never drive near my goaties. Because they just don't understand the danger.

3. Goat Freak

Yeah, I learned to drive carefully around them, they see vehicles as food most of the time, I accidently ran over my bottle baby with a fourwheeler, he was running right next to me, then veered. I told my dad to ask us to come keep the goats away next time he drives in there.

4. homebirtha

homebirtha Well-Known Member

Oh no. I'm so sorry. :-(

5. GoldenWood Farm

GoldenWood Farm Legally blonde! Supporter

Oh sweetie I am so sorry <<<<hugs>>>>> that is so hard to loose a young one like that. She was beautiful :Bawling: :Bawling: :Bawling: :Bawling: . I never ever drive around my goats as they are to danged friendly and I would worry they would bolt infront of the vehicle. I am so sorry :Bawling: :Bawling: :Bawling: :Bawling: .

Hugs from Oregon!

MotherClucker

6. Jillis

Jillis Well-Known Member

{{{HUGS}}}

I'm so sorry, what a horrible thing to have happen. Your dad must feel just terrible.

7. Goat Freak

She was just a year old, we've had a lot of casualties with our boer babies, with only 2 deaths being natural, 1 was killed by the neighbors dog, 1 by azalae posoning, 1 by the truck, 1 by UC, and 1 just got sick. All were under a year old, so we thought that if they made it to be a year old they were safe, we were wrong. My dad does feel bad, you can tell, it's just that he's not one to show sadness in front of people, not normally, so he didn't cry or anything like that, but he was upset. Thanks guys. Bye.

8. KimM

KimM Student of goatology.

Oh that is so sad. I'm very sorry for your loss. :Bawling:

9. full sun

full sun Well-Known Member

Oh, I am so, so sorry. It's awful to lose a perfect, healthy baby to an accident. I lost an adorable 1 week old to an overturned mineral bucket last spring. I didn't think I would ever get over it.

I hope you take comfort in the fact that in Dutchess's very short little life, she felt more love and comfort than most animals in their lifetime. I know you have had a string of bad luck, ("when it rains, it pours" isn't a cliche for nothing) but keep on keepin' on.

>hug<
    Jennifer

10. goatkid

goatkid Well-Known Member Supporter

I'm so sorry you lost your litle goat.

11. Goat Freak

It's flooding at our place, every time we get over one bad thing, another happens. My moms thinking of quiting. I just can't imagine NOT having goats, my life would seem so empty and boring, although right now I could do with boring, all the excitment we're getting is all bad. Thanks guys. Bye.

12. annie716

annie716 Well-Known Member

So sorry for your loss, we lost a beautiful little doe like her back in Aug. and had 2 preemies die a few wks ago. It's so hard to lose them. I hope your mom don't quit, we can't imagine life w/o our goats now either.

13. HappyFarmer

HappyFarmer Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to hear about Dutchess.

14. Goat Freak

15. AllWolf

AllWolf We love all our animals

Sorry to hear of your loss. Hang in there things will get better. I will be praying for you and sending a hug to you also.

16. Goat Freak

Thank you AllWolf. Thank god we have a goat due any day, waiting for her to drop is helping to tone down the sorrow around here. THanks again. Bye.

17. pourfolkes

pourfolkes Well-Known Member

I am so very sorry to hear about your goat. It is so hard to lose any of them. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

18. Goat Freak

Thanks pourfolkes, means a lot to me.