Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is not a solid cast iron, free standing oven. it will be a built-in, installed by a mason.

we are building our off-grid "dream house" on our newly purchased 10 acre homestead. some of you have probably seen my construction posts about the basement and foundation work.

we are still many months away from anything that looks like a house. We have several large purchases that will not be included in the home construction loan. examples include this oven, a second propane oven, two wood heating stoves, a propane tank, dishwasher, mini-split HVAC and built-in microwave.

and now some photos:

Cabinetry Handle Sleeve Door Rectangle

Furniture Table Interior design Shelf Shelving
Rectangle Wood Floor Fixture Flooring

Reactions: Pony

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As pictured - how in the world does it meet code?
not entirely certain about your question, but I assume you are referencing the "lack" of a chimney.

it does have a chimney. it is hidden inside the wall. that black, iron square you see above the oven, on the wall, to the right side, is some sort of chimney baffle, or flow control.

also, to be clear, the photos are not of our install, in our house. our house is still in the earliest stages of construction.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The only thing I know about cooking on a wood stove is that you move your pan around on the top to find the right heat for whatever you happen to be cooking.. I've only cooked on my wood stove that was for heating the house. If you have a real cook stove, then the round lids come off and heavy cast iron pots fit down into the hole in the top of the stove.

That looks like a glass top stove, which means it is electric and not wood fired.
ummmm... we bought it, so we know what it is. it IS a WOOD fired stove. it is not a glass top.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts