Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ebola news this morning is worse than ever. Not only did the hospital in Dallas botch the handling of the W. African patient, they piled contaminated clothing in the hall. Dozens of doctors, nurses and other hospital workers walked past those contaminated items

Then, rather than quarantine the people exposed they did nothing. Now we have news that a nurse with Ebola traveled across country, potentially exposing hundreds of airline passengers in a closed cabin with recirculated air.

Next, that contaminated plane made a half dozen more trips to widely separated places.

The administration had a chance two years ago to approve a plan to block travel to and from Ebola-outbreak areas. The CDC saw this coming and had a plan that would have prevented this, but the administration killed it.

Now the best we can hope for is that by spending billions of dollars we can limit the outbreak in the US.

Have you any idea what the costs are? Why do you think that the supervisors at the Dallas hospital did not want to put the first patient in an isolation room? A non-paying patient? What do you think it costs to prepare, tend and rehab an isolation unit?

Multiply that by a few thousand patients and think how likely it is that we can successfully treat an epidemic. Think how likely our rabbit-warrens such as Ferguson, Mo, or Detroit, are to respect quarantines.

Oh, I am SO proud of our leaders.

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
But, But, But, it's all alright. Some one from the government said so.

This is getting scary. At some point we're going to have to start forcibly quarantining people, a special facility for those infected would be a good idea also.

This is a national emergency and if this is the best response our government leaders have we're screwed.

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
Interesting that you should pick Ferguson,MO and Detroit as examples. There are plenty of people across the color spectrum who would not not respect a quarantine. We've already had a couple of examples. Self imposed does not work...obviously. There have been several breeches of 'protocols' I use that word loosely because we are still waiting for the government to get their act together on that. Finger pointing is a waste of time at this point. Getting it together as a nation and world is paramont.

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
You are missing the most important part of all this Its to reduce the population. Africa USA does not matter as long as the population is reduced. If we had no people the earth would heal itself. Oh forgot the cows and pigs spewing gas into the atmosphere. They have to go as well. So watch the animals will start being tested and them killed in mass like the chicken and pig deal awhile back.

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
You are missing the most important part of all this Its to reduce the population. Africa USA does not matter as long as the population is reduced. If we had no people the earth would heal itself. Oh forgot the cows and pigs spewing gas into the atmosphere. They have to go as well. So watch the animals will start being tested and them killed in mass like the chicken and pig deal awhile back.
Truth can be stranger than fiction. This is at the back of many of our minds. Being pragmatic, I like to deal with what is in front of me. Epidemics are no respecter of color, culture or beliefs. Smallpox and other diseases almost wiped out an entire Native American population. Bubonic plague, tuberculosis, etc. This would be a mental exercise if we didn't have history to tell us different.

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I mentioned Detroit and Ferguson just because they are two urban populations centers with a current notoriety. You can go into any of the rabbit warrens that exist in large cities where people of low information and low respect for law and order are crowded together and get the same result.

This is not a planned operation--I'm no believer in conspiracy--It is just a massive failure by uninformed, stupid and politically correct people. Well now we have war and pestilence. Some African pol warns this morning of approaching famine. Be advised.

·
Premium Member
12,772 Posts
I mentioned Detroit and Ferguson just because they are two urban populations centers with a current notoriety. You can go into any of the rabbit warrens that exist in large cities where people of low information and low respect for law and order are crowded together and get the same result.

This is not a planned operation--I'm no believer in conspiracy--It is just a massive failure by uninformed, stupid and politically correct people. Well now we have war and pestilence. Some African pol warns this morning of approaching famine. Be advised.

dr.nancy sniderman broke her quarantine in hotzone...africa.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
If this O thing is as nasty as the news has said then its already too late. The plane trips, passengers, the lapse of enough precautions in the first couple of days a few weeks ago up to this week pretty much spread it everywhere it needed to be to become a huge disaster. Depending on if they reported the truth with no sensationalism.

I just hope most of the info. spread by the media is as baseless as they usually do with everything else. If not were are all toast.....

Can you imagine China and Japan? Those folks live on top of each other on a good day. It will be like wildfire in cramped metro areas, out here in the boonies it will be more like a lightning storm that never stops. Sooner or later it hits ya.

·
Premium Member
12,772 Posts
reading,practicing and living the Torah will slow this down.

·
Premium Member
12,772 Posts
Actually she was in quarantine here in the US and yes she did not keep herself voluntarily quarantined.

you mean she is here.....i thought they said they would quarantine in africa 21 days then fly here for a 2nd quarantine.

this changes everything now.....possible criminal charges should be filed if anyone of them become sick and has put public in jeopardy.

i have to change my opinion of her.....this might sound harsh...shes dumber/more selfish than i thought she was.....ugggghhhhhhh

:flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame:

·
Premium Member
12,772 Posts
Actually she was in quarantine here in the US and yes she did not keep herself voluntarily quarantined.

p.s.thanks for straightening me out on it.....:angel:

Reactions: davel745 and rkintn

·
mean people suck
2,532 Posts
Yes they were here:(. She and at least one male companion went and picked up take out at a favorite restaurant. I'll try and find the link over in s&ep. :)

Reactions: elkhound

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
Doingitmyself, you mentioned China. I believe China has health care workers on the ground now in west Africa. Has anyone heard any statistics on their medical workers infection rates? I wonder what protocol the Chinese medical workers follow...

1 - 20 of 98 Posts