We Have DISCHARGE!!

Discussion in 'Goats' started by Loda Farm, Apr 19, 2006.

1. Loda Farm

Loda Farm Well-Known Member

LOL Why is it that this is only a good thing when talking about goats? :p

Anyway, Lizzy my Pygmy lost her plug 2 1/2 weeks ago....Finally we have more discharge...Still kinda white, but a thicker discharge than when she lost her plug. Ligs are really loose, but I can still feel them if I press down hard with my fingers. My guess is she is one of those does that loose her ligs an hour before kidding. Bummer of it is I coach my 6 yr old daughters softball team, and out first practice is tonight. :Bawling:

Please oh please let her wait until we get home......

Laura

2. dkdairygoats

dkdairygoats Well-Known Member

I can never guess at anything from ligaments....I can always feel them. I go more by attitude, sunken sides, tight udder, eating habits, etc. Only one surprised me this year!

3. famer_manda

famer_manda I Love CHICKENS!

congrats! mine lost some for about 2 days towards the end of last week and now nothing. Im waiting for that next sign myself!! Good luck that your goat kids soon!

4. Loda Farm

Well, she fooled me yet again......Wench!

She has a tight Udder, I have been able to get milk for over 2 weeks now, sunken sides, ligs are hard to find, discharge....BUT no labor yet.

She is munching away as we speak. I swear, this one is killing me. LOL

She paws and lays down a lot, and was panting yesterday, however it was very warm yesterday. I guess we are still playing the waiting game....

Laura

5. famer_manda

My goat is following yours.. She had new kind of discharge today which is the first noticable discharge since Saturday so nearly a week! It seemed whiter than i remember but its more watery. Her ligaments feel softer but I can still find them.

What makes the ligaments "loose" is it difficulty to find them or can you push them around more or something?

6. GoldenWood Farm

GoldenWood Farm Legally blonde! Supporter

The looser the ligs will get the harder it is to find them until they are "gone" so to speak. Keep a eye on your gals because with that loose of ligs they could loose them and go into labor within a matter of minutes/hours I swear(ask me how I know :rolleyes: )! The pawing is a good sign. It means she is trying to make her nest. I am betting both of you will be having babys real soon :dance: .

MotherClucker

7. Loda Farm

Well, Lizzy FINALLY lost her ligs completely. Her udder is hard as a rock, so should be today. She is out in her pen hollering away like crazy. :dance:

She is not in labor yet, at least not hard labor, but I would guess by late this afternoon or this evening she will be a momma.

Laura

8. mamahen

mamahen Well-Known Member Supporter

Is your goat usually a yeller? If not that is a good sign that she is in labor! Mine screamed & yelled. She was stoic until that point. Stood with her head in a corner until contractions, then yelled!

Good luck & don't forget your camera, we need pics!

9. famer_manda

*does math calculations* OKay my goat will be going soon too LOL..

I checked her ligs this morning, They are getting even softer! I hope my goat goes right after your goat goes!! I am so excited! I hope your goat is giving birth as I type this!

10. Goat Freak

Goat Freak Slave To Many Animals

Loda, has she had the baby/babies yet? Good luck, it sounds like it will be REALLY soon. Good Luck to you too Manda. See ya. Bye.

11. Loda Farm

No, no babies yet. However, we have A LOT of discharge. She is still eating, but that does not mean anything, as some will still eat even while in Labor. I expect sometime in the next few hours.

I will post as soon as we have new babies. :)

Laura

12. GoldenWood Farm

:dance: :dance: :dance: !!! Yippie for you both!

Lol I must have weird does. Mine almost never have lots of discharge :shrug: . They will have a bit on their vulva but that always around the starting of labor. I must have weird does who don't read the hand books.

MotherClucker

13. Loda Farm

Just a quick update..... Lizzy is in Labor, of course, it is looking like rain now, and she does NOT want to be in her barn....

Gotta go back out, but I do have the camera. LOL

Laura

14. famer_manda

mine really isn't having much discharge either.. I only know when she has any because she wags her tail really hard to wipe it away so i look. She is trying to hide it from me. It is really looking skinnier around the tail, but still has ligs providing I am actually feeling them LOL

15. barnyardfun

barnyardfun Happy Homemaker Supporter

Now we are all on baby watch!! This is so nerve racking!! :eek:

16. famer_manda

Question... she is having watery discharge now, good sign at all or does it really mean nothing? She does look more sunk in right by where the tail connects to the hip area.. pin something? i forget.. and right down at the place where tail first comes into the body, that inch long area has sunken in too..

OTherwise?? shes still eating grass like crazy

17. Loda Farm

Lizzy had twins, a black buckling, and a grey doeling. This is my first doe of the kidding season. LOL

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Laura

18. GoldenWood Farm

Awwwwwww!!!!!!! :bouncy: they are adorable! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: . I love em both...lol can I steal them :p ?

My nubian doe is starting to bag up so I am hoping in the next week or two she will go. She is danged huge right now. Bout ready to pop. Poor baby....

CONGRATS!!

MotherClucker

19. michelleIL

michelleIL tryna be His

What dollbabies!!!! They are adorable!!!!
    Thanks for the pics!
    Michelle

20. famer_manda

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW those pictures really give me goat labor envy lol.. congrats!