Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have one tan/chocolate bucking and one tri colored doeling, and of course the windest coldest night and the doe had them in the tarp shed and refuses to go into the barn. The buckling I believe got colder than he should, sister is jumping and bouncing he was just kinda standing there, he can drink fine as I seen but he just wasnt as entergetic and felt kinda cold.

Shes still big as a barrel so I wouldnt be surprised if she has trips.
Due to the dark, pics will come in the morning

·
Registered
24,108 Posts
Wow! You sure have a lot going on around your place :) Can't wait to see the pictures!

·
Premium Member
4,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My 12 year old is currently braving the cold winds to get picture. I did not get to be there for the birth, my husband got home from work about 6 pm and they where already here, I closed last night at the store and so I didnt get to see them until almost 10, talk about tourture.
We are going to move them into the goat barn today, shes prefers the shack but shes just going to have to get over it I was worried sick last night that they where going to get too cold.

·
Premium Member
4,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
24,108 Posts
How cute!!! Congratulations! They look strong, healthy and happy...good for you :)

·
Premium Member
4,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the little white one is my girl, shes still got some dried yuck on her its too cold for me to wash it off today so I hope that its warmer tomorrow, this front that brought blessed rain, brought some fierce cold wind with it

·
Premium Member
4,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh, he has, hes already trying to mount his sister, both are just the most comical things I have ever watched. Last night the little buck did a perfect Bambi on ice impression on the tile, bless his little heart, he got off the rug and all four went out from under him and he couldnt get back up.
Both know me well enough now they are coming up to me to snuggle, Im so hooked on goats

·
I am a Christian American
2,974 Posts
What a sweet way to start my day! Thanks for sharing the pics, they are just too cute!

·
Premium Member
4,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
shes got the boer white but the buck was a grey two tone kiko, I love colores and I love the boer breed, kinda ironic I know.
I cant imagine what the next round of babies will look like, they will be out of a spanish boer cross and the boer buck I just got from Chris, they got their grove on this morning

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
shes got the boer white but the buck was a grey two tone kiko, I love colores and I love the boer breed, kinda ironic I know.
I cant imagine what the next round of babies will look like, they will be out of a spanish boer cross and the boer buck I just got from Chris, they got their grove on this morning
I can almost guarantee they will be white with brown heads.I have goats of all colors and **** has given me over 100 little "black eyed peas".When all of the Boer kids pile together

I was looking for some pictures of the ones i have colored like yours.Here is one but you cant really see the black line and the dark and light brown don't show.Mom is Boer/Kiko dad was spotted Nubian.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts