We Got the House!!!!

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by blhmabbott, Jun 17, 2004.

1. blhmabbott

blhmabbott We're gettin' there!

Well, it's official...we got the house! Thank you so much for everyone listening to me rant during this very stressful situation. I finally got so mad last night that I just let God have it...I was yelling and screaming and looked like a total idiot I'm sure. But I tend to do this when I get to the end of my rope. I wasn't mad AT God, just at the situation...but I'm sure he was laughing his head off at me the whole time. I was advised to pray for specifics that we needed, and lo and behold, the guy called me out of know where this morning and everything I had told God we needed is what he said the terms of the loan is. God sure works in mysterious ways!
    Again, thanks for listening to me and all the wonderful advice you've given..they mean more than you know!
    Heather

2. Maura

Maura Well-Known Member Supporter

:dance: How wonderful for you! :eek:

3. Donovan K

Donovan K Well-Known Member

Congrats, Heather. May you have a long, happy and prosperous life
    in your new home.

Donovan

4. blhmabbott

Thank you! We're soooooo excited! The house is in town :( , but we're looking at this as an investement property for the next 5-6 years. We got it at a really good price, below appraised value, going to put a little bit of money into it, and after they reappraise this winter we should make a nice chunk of change to put down on some property out in the country. We didn't want a 30 year mortgage with payments that we could barely afford, so we opted for a smaller house that is still big enough to be very comfortable for us and is already in good shape, the life of the loan is only 10 years with no pentalty for early payoff, and in three years we'll be able to start making double payments to pay it off even quicker.

I don't want to bore you with all the details, but just wanted to let ya'll know that we finally own our own home. It's wonderful!
    Heather

5. Cyngbaeld

Cyngbaeld In Remembrance Supporter

So glad for you! :dance: Thankyou for sharing your joy with us.

6. tambo

tambo Well-Known Member

Heather that sounds like a plan.How is the new business working out? Are you in Paris?

Tambo

7. blhmabbott

Yes Tambo, we're in Paris....just three houses down from the library (my kids LOVE that seenashow we seem to live at the library with their homeschooling lol) in the Lee School Historical District. But I'm afraid I'm drawing a blank on a new business??
    Heather

8. tambo

tambo Well-Known Member

I thought ya'll started a tree cutting biz.

Tambo

9. blhmabbott

Yes Tambo we did, but shortly after I got the license our partner decided he didn't want to be a part of it afterall so we never did anything with it. That was a blessing in disguise really...no hard feelings either way and we're still great friends! :D
    Heather

10. BamaSuzy

BamaSuzy Well-Known Member

congratulations! getting this house is one step closer to your overall dreams...when you sell it hopefully in the years to come you can get some country property and may not have a big debt! congratulatons again!