We got our Christmas Tree!!!!

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by FiddleKat, Dec 6, 2006.

1. FiddleKat

FiddleKat Mother,Artist, Author Supporter

Yesterday DH and I went to the tree farm just about 2 1/2 miles down the road. All of the tree lots around the stores are selling trees for way too much money!!

The tree farm sells them $35 each no matter what there size.

We picked out a really pretty White Pine about 7 1/2 feet tall and almost 6 feet fat!!! Once we picked it out, the guy came up and chopped it down for us.
    Nothing like a REALLY FRESH TREE!!!!

2. Ninn

Ninn Custom Crochet Queen

mmmm. i love the smell of a fresh tree.

3. suzyhomemaker09

suzyhomemaker09 Well-Known Member

We got ours not too long ago...love the tree farms where you cut your own...hop on a wagon pulled by a tractor..off to the grove...search for that just perfect one :)

4. tallpines

tallpines Well-Known Member

We planted a couple acres of trees a couple of years ago--------so we, and most of the kids cut a tree from that stand.

This years tree is 13 1/2 feet tall!

Finished decorating it this evening.

5. midwsthomestead

midwsthomestead joy seeker

Nothin' like gettin' the tree n decoratin' it!! Bake some cookies, play some Christmas music....memory makin' moments!

~~Enjoy!

6. FiddleKat

FiddleKat Mother,Artist, Author Supporter

13 1/2 feet tall.....WOW!!!!

This reminds me several years back when we lived in a big apartment in the city. We had nine foot ceilings. Our apartment was in a house over 200 years old. I was on a mission to find the biggest tree ever! We ended up getting one 7 ft tall.
    But several days after we had got it, I saw another one at a tree lot I drove by and it was so big that it stuck out like a sore thumb. It must have been 18 feet tall! In fact, it was so tall the very top of it curled over and all I could think of was the tree in the Grinch, so I ended up calling it the Whoville Tree.
    I couldn't imagine getting it though, and having them tie this thing on top of our old Safari station wagon. Would have looked like a scene from Natn. Lampoons Christmas Vacation. My DH busted a gut laughing when I got home and told him I wa sooooo tempted, but I didn't.

7. tallpines

tallpines Well-Known Member

Our ceiling is actually 22 feet high with a loft on one end.
    I stood up in the loft to decorate the top 5 feet of the tree.