Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Joyce
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday (Sunday) we had a storm come up about 3:30 p.m. and the wind blew and then came rain and then hail. Lots of it. It was the size of marbles and some were as big as the large marbles. It dented my dh's pickup some. My car was under the trees and did not get any dings that I can see. Lots of leaves were stripped from the trees and some of the field corn was stripped my husband said. Also the tomato vines got hit and the young green tomatoes went everywherre. And my vincas and petunias suffered as well. Ten miles down the road did not get any hail. BUT, I was glad for the rain. We got 2 1/2 inches. We did not receive even a total of an inch in June. We got 3/10 Thursday night and this nice rain and that is all we have gotten this month so far. We have a drought area. It rains about 10 miles from us and all around, but not here. It is a dry hole for sure. But, I know it rains on the just as well as the unjust. It is just how it happens here in our part of the country.

Has anybody else seen hail that big in the summer? It was quite an accumulation in the yard and on the deck. My husband, his sister and me have never witnessed anything like it.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts