Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We bought a used welder last night.It is a Lincoln AC-225/DC-210/6.It is engine driven by a 16hp B&S.It is 100% duty.It has a setting for mig welding.It came with a meg welder box,feeder gun,and a regulator set or something.It is a 6000 watt generator too.It has a 100ft of cable together.It was on a small trailer but he wanted too much for it.He said it was 10yrs old and looks good.

Anyone have or use one of these welders?What would it be worth?

Tambo

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bet it's worth a 1,000 dollars. I bought a small home generator at Menard's recently, and it's only a 5 hp. It's a 110/220. Paid around $650 for it. Having one with a mig welding set-up would be great! My 110 mig welder cost me around $700 six or seven years ago. I would be willing to give 700-800 for a clean, well running set up like that, as long as the hours are low on the engine. A 16 hp engine is built better than your run of the mill 3.5 briggs lawn mower engine, but neglect makes it worth scrap steel price in my book. I have $1350 invested in my set-up. You may want to keep a log of hours used. Does it have an oil alert set up on it?

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Monty it doesn't have a oil alert on it.We got the lincoln welder with cables,hobart mig welder attachment,spool gun,regulator and hoses for $1250.It also has electric start and automatic idler.My husband is pleased with it.I was just wondering if we got a good deal.After all it is like getting 2 welders.

Tambo

1 - 4 of 4 Posts