We are trying one more time.

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by southrngardngal, May 15, 2006.

  1. southrngardngal

    southrngardngal Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    3,185
    Joined:
    Oct 18, 2005
    Location:
    Philadelphia, Mississippi
    Hubby wants to try one more time before we decide to get rid of the NZWs. We have three does bred. We plan to breed the others if possible. We bred the two that gave birth before but the babies died. One that has never given birth is bred. She has been bred before but no babies. We will see.

    Our does won't let one of our bucks breed them so we put a colored doe with him and it worked. He had never bred any of the rabbits that we put with him so we are anxious to see what happens. We know the doe is fertile because she has some babies about 6 weeks old by another buck.

    If we aren't successful this time we will cull and start over. Fingers crossed.

    Jan
     
  2. MaggieJ

    MaggieJ Well-Known Member Supporter

    Messages:
    11,280
    Joined:
    Feb 6, 2006
    Location:
    Prince Edward County, Ontario, Canada
    Hope things go better this time, Jan. What you have been through with those NZW does is more than I would have patience for. Keeping my fingers crossed for you! (Any idea how difficult it is to type with crossed fingers??????)
     

  3. southrngardngal

    southrngardngal Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    3,185
    Joined:
    Oct 18, 2005
    Location:
    Philadelphia, Mississippi
    LOL. Yep, that is how I am typing too. :)

    Jan