Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1 hour, 41 minutes ago

KREBS, Okla. - A large Angus bull apparently didn't enjoy his recent medical treatment. After being treated for worms at the Wynn Animal Hospital on Friday, the 1,800-pound bull charged the veterinarian, Dr. Eric Wynn, knocked him to the floor of a barn and then used its head to repeatedly pummel the veterinarian.

"If this bull had horns, I wouldn't be talking to you now," Wynn, 48, told the McAlester News-Capital. "I thought I was dead."

Wynn had just finished the procedure and released the bull to a holding pen when he was ......................

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070723/ap_on_fe_st/odd_bull_attack;_ylt=AluSmrxcs4WZho29caeZnHYuQE4F

·
Banned
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Could have just as easily been a farmer working on his own cow or bull at the farm.

You can never be to careful.
Never know when the unexpected will happen and it only takes a split second and it could be all over, and you or a child are dead.

bumpus

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
For a minute there, I thought the headline said "....vegetarian" and I was wondering why a bull would punish a veggie eater! :p

·
Premium Member
17,383 Posts
Who the heck brings a bull to the vet to get wormed???? :shrug:

·
Registered
5,321 Posts
Must be bad bull week. One of our friends was working with a bull, it gored his horse, and the horse fell on him. Luckily, he is just bruised up pretty much...awfully sore.

6,637 Posts
GrannyG said:
Must be bad bull week. One of our friends was working with a bull, it gored his horse, and the horse fell on him. Luckily, he is just bruised up pretty much...awfully sore.
horns on a domesticated animal is just foolishness

·
Premium Member
6,751 Posts
I agree w/ Michiganfarmer!! I will never own an animal that has horns! Years ago we were given an old buck that had horns and he was the sweetest animal but I realized quickly how dangerous these things could be when he 'hooked' me in the ribs when backing up next to me at feeding time! QB

·
Banned
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
tinknal said:
Who the heck brings a bull to the vet to get wormed???? :shrug:
If the person owning the bull had just bought it, they may not have a head stock to hold the animal on the farm.

So they stop at the vet to have things done before taking the animal to the farm and turn it loose.

Cheaper than making a house call, and the vet taking all of there equipment to the farm for one animal.

bumpus

·
Registered
5,321 Posts
Got an update on the horse that was gored last night at church. The cowboy was there, the Vet sewed the gored area and said if the horse made it through the night, he had a good chance, and he made it ! He is healing nicely. Said the area was about eight inches deep, caught him in hip area, right below his tail. So glad the horse is doing good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts