water well

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Unregistered-1427815803, May 24, 2004.

1. I have a 40 foot deep well that i need to get mor yeild from.
    does anyone know of a cheap way to make a well yeild more water?
    thanks for any ideas.

2. Gary in ohio

Gary in ohio Well-Known Member Supporter

Not sure from your question what your problem is.
    If its the pump doesnt pump enough water then get a bigger pump.
    If the problem is the recover rate isnt fast enough and you keep draining the well. There is not a lot you can about that except clean it out and/or drill a deeper well.

3. agmantoo

agmantoo agmantoo Supporter

4. owhn

owhn Well-Known Member

While digging a deeper well may actually be what you need, you could consider "developing" you well. You can read about this at:

http://www.lifewater.ca/Section_10.htm

I am not at all sure what is the cheapest/best way to proceed, nor how severe your yield problem is nor the cause of it. You should however, talk to an experienced driller in your area about your options.

owhn

5. trtalbott

trtalbott Well-Known Member

My friend was having problems with his sand point, not enough presure. So he took the check valve off, pointed the muzzle of his .22 pistol down the hole and fired 4-5 shots. He has more than enough presure now. Sounded crazy to me. But I've never heard of that being done.

6. boren

boren Well-Known Member

I've done it to a sand point to get it flowing. Works like a charm. Make sure it was water in it. It to restore a sand point in the barn that hadn't pumped water in 20 years.

7. lead in well for brain damage to grandchildren? Try air or water pressure

8. Cabin Fever

Cabin Fever Life NRA Member since 1976 Supporter

Yeah, that's right, lead only hurts grandchildren....it's okay for the kids or grown-ups :rolleyes:

Actually, pure lead the size of bullets, will not appreciably dissolve to above drinking water standards.

The impct of the bullet knocks off scale and silt and clay particles that have clogged the well screen. Developing or purging the well will have the same effect.