Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son's work got out of the water tank bus. a while back so he was to get rid of tanks on hand tyhat were carry-over.No one wanted some of them so I have ended up with a 2000gal,and 2-500 gal tanks.I don't know the value of these but if you have an idea let me know please. I'm sure they cost a lot so I want to put them to the best use.I am open to your ideas. HT has become my "go to" for answers,there's such a wealth of knowledge here.
Any thoughts?
thanks,

Wade

·
Banned
17,215 Posts
The first thing Id think is water tank!
How is your well/water supply? would a buried reservoir be valuable?
How about burying them for a root cellar?
Or dirt embanked for a livestock shed?

·
Banned
1,123 Posts
"southern hills of indiana";

1/2 a pound per foot of head is a good rule of thumb. Got elevation? Store it with "head".

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
"southern hills of indiana";

1/2 a pound per foot of head is a good rule of thumb. Got elevation? Store it with "head".
Skamp! Sorry but I really don't understand what you are telling me.I think you are talking about water pressure some how but I'm just not up on it all.

Wade

·
Premium Member
10,372 Posts
Put your tank on a hill and let gravity do the work. Use a small pump to fill.. A building up there with downspouts to fill tank, even better...James

·
Premium Member
2,644 Posts
Here a plastic water tank is about $0.50 a gal. I pain $750 delivered for a 1300 gal tank two years ago.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for y'all's input! I'm still pondering! The 2000 is about 8' in dia. and 10' deep.That's a whole lot of tank to bury and it is not a ribbed tank so there is some concern about it collapsing if it is not kept full.If one of you guys gets a big idea let me know!

Wade

1 - 8 of 8 Posts