Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
17,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like my water flow. So I have two inch water lines to the house and 1 inch lines in the house. Flush the toilet and it doesn't make 1 degree of difference in the shower etc.
I can fill my 100 gallon tub in a few minutes.
But the down side is when I spring a leak its a real LEAK!
And a nutty crazy water bill.
Is there some thing I could put on the inline to limit the water after say two hundred gallons?

·
agmantoo
10,852 Posts
Install new faucets. The government has mandated that new faucets limit the flow. With the new faucets it is like watching dog waste turn white in the sun. It takes forever to get a sink full of water and a good shower is impossible. Here, in my opinion, is a statement from someone that has never been on a well. "By including a minimum flow rate of 0.8 gpm (tested at a flowing pressure of 20 psi), WaterSense ensures that user satisfaction in areas with low water pressure, such as in homes with private wells, will not be significantly impacted"

·
Miniature Horse lover
25,219 Posts
Well if you take off that aerator the water will flow just fine into the sink.
The restriction is a flat plastic piece with a very tiny hole in the middle that sits inside the aerator that can be taken out very quickly and easily. And that way the sink fill up just fine.

·
Registered
14,353 Posts
You have a thought that I was interested in too. Something that would stop my water tank from emptying in case of a leak ( or a faucet left on.) Maybe that would read using 200 gallons in an hour as a fault , switch off the pump and have an alarm to alert me to check on why this was happening. With an easy reset of course.

Reactions: AmericanStand

·
Banned
17,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Automatic Shut-Off Water Metering Valve

http://www.buygpi.com/Bermad-Automa...Standard-Flow-2-2-to-22-0-GPM-MT0011GANP.aspx

This might work but would require setting it periodically
I was thinking I could install it with a bypass but so it would have the ability to move a little water after the set limit was reached but it wont meter under 2.2 GPM anyway so you could wind up with a both working at the same time say a 1 gallon bypass and 2more gallons through the meter for a 3 GPM leak that wouldn't stop.
180 per hour
4000 a day
120,000 a month
back to crazy waterbill.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts