Water Heater Replacement Parts

Discussion in 'Shop Talk' started by Txsteader, Nov 26, 2006.

1. Txsteader

Txsteader Well-Known Member

Anybody know where to buy replacement orifice and burner for American lp gas water heaters? Don't see them on their website. New water heaters cost $360!/30 gal. Trying (hoping) to save a few $$.
    Thanks for any help.

2. Manny

Manny Well-Known Member

Give us a specific model name, Manufacturer name and model number of the heater and maybe we can help you. I did find that the propane models need a cast iron burner-------is yours cast iron?

3. Txsteader

It's made by American Appliance Mfg. (now known as American Water Heater Co.)
    Model GU303TLP (or GV303TLP, can't read it well)
    DH says he believes the burner is pressed iron, rather than cast...if that makes a difference.

4. Manny

Manny Well-Known Member

I've gone through all my appliance repair and appliance part links and have not been able to come up with any reference to the above Model numbers. I'm afraid that I'll have to admit to not being any help on this one. I read that "American Appliance" sold some of it's stuff to the "Suburban Mfg. Co." in the mid 80's but they do mostly RV equipment. My only suggestion now is to give the "American" company a call. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

5. Txsteader

Thanks for trying, Manny. I appreciate your efforts. Sorry I couldn't give more info to work with; I'm mechanically challenged and DH is busy building fences, lol. I'll be giving American a call this a.m.

6. Mrs. Vet

Mrs. Vet Well-Known Member

Try your LP gas company. They may not have a replacement but can find a proper burner and orfice that will fit.