Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
100_1192.JPG

Two inches of snow overnight and 2 more forecast today. Kinda put a temporary end to my log splitting operation. It will all melt when the weather warms up later this week but a wake up call none the less. Aside from log splitting I am just about ready for winter. I guess it's time to take the air conditioner out of the window. Sigh. I can do that today since it comes out from the inside. I used up some preps yesterday and made a big pot of chili. One can of diced tomatoes didn't have a date on it. Others said 2016. Time to use them up and get new. Had some for dinner last night and didn't die.

·
Registered
10,923 Posts
So sorry....
Chili sounds good though - even though it'll be in the low 70's here in Georgia.

Reactions: crehberg

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Big pot of chili? Lots of jalapenos or habaneros from the garden? Some corn bread and a big glass (or two) of cold milk?

Reactions: crehberg

·
newfieannie
9,247 Posts
yes it's time to get at it. i have a few things left to do .disconnect the water hoses and stuff like that. have my appoint. to change my tires back on thursday morning. we have had a few cold nights where i had to change the cotton sheets to flannelette.

no snow here yet but my son has had some and he's 40 miles away. it's been lovely the last couple days. ,i sat on the deck yesterday in just my shirt sleeves . looks good for tomorrow also when this rain passes over but we know it's coming so it's better to be ready. ~Georgia

·
Registered
323 Posts
Sunny, calm today.. Yesterday we woke to 10cm (4") snow.. Even being sunny it is still -1C...
It is reported many, many cars trucks in ditches..

Seems the first snow skims a lot of stupid drivers off the gene pool..

·
Registered
382 Posts
I cleaned the chimney this week, 39 degrees this morning,no snow here. Big firewood splitting day today. Yes the seasons have changed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts