Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My washer lets water in to fill, then it goes right out,never filling the drum to wash. So the water just runs and runs. What part would be damaged/blocked ect. so I can look it up to see if I can fix it myself. HELP!

·
de oppresso liber
16,876 Posts
Check your outflow/drain hose. If it fits too tight in the drain pipe some times a siphon will be set up. When you are trying to fill it the siphon action keep draining it preventing it from getting full enough to start the cycle.

·
Premium Member
23,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Check your outflow/drain hose. If it fits too tight in the drain pipe some times a siphon will be set up. When you are trying to fill it the siphon action keep draining it preventing it from getting full enough to start the cycle.
I use the grey water for gardening so the pipe is clear.

·
Registered
725 Posts
You must have an odd drain hose setup. The hose MUST form a loop higher than the top of the drum, and MUST have an open end high enough to break the siphon.

This allows the water to be kept in unless the pump is running. There are no valves.
One of these conditions is not met if it will not fill.

·
Premium Member
23,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That must be it! I moved the hose lower last week. I'll check and report back!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts