Washing Machine Help

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by GOOFYam, Oct 9, 2005.

1. GOOFYam

GOOFYam New Member

Lately, my washing machine has been ruining my clothes. The clothes have what appears to be bleach spots, but I never use bleach. Any ideas? Thank you.

2. mulliganbush

mulliganbush Well-Known Member

Sounds as if you're getting detergent on the clothes. You might try adding the detergent to the water before putting in the clothes.

3. Fire-Man

Fire-Man Well-Known Member Supporter

If its a top load the aggutator(spelling) might be rubbing the clothes in the same spot because they are not moving. A top loading washing machine needs the clothes put into it seperate and in a wadded-up ball effect if you have a fairly large load---if not they want move during washing. The aggutator moves the top clothes to the bottom etc while it is washing, but if its a large load and they are put in---in a wrap around aggutator---they want move. Randy

4. GOOFYam

GOOFYam New Member

thanks for you help!

5. silentcrow

silentcrow Furry Without A Clue

If you use a powdered detergent, you could try disolving it in warm water before you add it to the load. I ended up switching to liquid, but only because my son kept showing allergy symptoms to the powders.

6. nodak3

nodak3 Well-Known Member Supporter

I had the problem years ago--just a thought: any teens in the family using benzoyl peroxide products on their zits? If that gets on their clothes, it can spread to other items and they look like bleach spots.