Washer help please!

Discussion in 'Shop Talk' started by chupang, Dec 16, 2006.

1. chupang

chupang Well-Known Member

Hey folks,I'm not sure I am in the right place,but I hope someone can help.I need to switch a belt from one washer to another,and have no clue.The are the same make and model,but the belt went on one and the other has cycle changeing issues.I started to take the belt off the one with issues and relised I needed to stop when it started leaking funky grey oil type stuff!!can anyone help?Thanks!

2. Bearfootfarm

Bearfootfarm Hello, hello....is there anybody in there.....? Supporter

3. Country Doc

Country Doc Well-Known Member

4. sue currin

sue currin Well-Known Member

The gray stuff you are talking about is most likly greese that has mixed with water, proberly from a broken seal, hence the broken washer. Just go ahead and take it off. If it is not streghted out or cracked, then try it on the other washer.

5. chupang

thank you,i'm still looking for some type of drawing....instruction?but i'm breaking out the wrenches tomorrow!

6. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

In beautiful downtown Sticks, near Belleview, Fl.
    Check the 'appliance repair' link in the links library before committing to your actions. Enter the brand, model number, it will take you to the info.

7. chupang

moopups?where is the," 'appliance repair' link in the links library"or even the "links library"?I feel like I should know...........

8. mightybooboo

mightybooboo Well-Known Member

So,how did it work out?I fixed the water pump in mine without any help,and had never done a washer repair before.They are pretty intuitive once inside.

IF you need parts,put the model number in Google.I was surprised how few machines there really are,and how available the parts were.Then shop the web,prices can vary quite a bit.

Also can get used parts cheap on ebay of all places,people strip em and sell parts.

BooBoo :gromit:

9. Gideon

Gideon Well-Known Member

---"Also can get used parts cheap on ebay of all places,people strip em and sell parts"---unbelievable, I move houses/buildings and find used appliances constantly. May be a retirement hobby to play with.