Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I watched a program on one of these 2 stations on TV.. It wasn't the Duggars and 17 children or the Jon and Kate with 8...it was along the same lines but a family from Minnasota and 15 ??..children..Father was a carpenter building them a new house..not a lot of money in the family it seemed but a very good down to earth.. gardened, chickens...could relate more to this family than I think the other 2 shows. Anyone know the show or station ???

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
I saw that one before-- its called "Kids by the dozen" and they are a neat family. The husband's nickname is "Spud", right? And the older sons are helping him out on the construction job. That is not a house for them though- a paying job I believe. I might be wrong, but I think that is who you are talking about. It was on either Discovery or Discovery Health.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I have seen the program a few times and the name is I think, Kids by the dozen. I am not sure of the station but I think it was on tlc or dhs. Watched some of it last night and had already seen it a couple of times. This program comes on other times and is of different large families. I always enjoy watching these programs like the Duggers.

The kids on that program are home schooled and learn how to participate in running the household.

RenieB

·
Registered
376 Posts
It is on TLC and they have had reruns a couple of times of that family,very good. There is also another family with I believe 11 kids who open up a store in the show.They have chosen to live simple,dress simple. It is also another good one.It is called Kids By The Dozen. Some of the shows are not as good as those 2. Dawn

1 - 6 of 6 Posts