Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Seeking Type
2,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the vet down to do a few things, namely papers for the show, and preg checks. Had 4 to check, and 4 out of 4 are bred, always nice when that happens.

So 4 due next spring. Two bred to KHW Kite Advent-RED another bred to Talent (she is a Advent out of a redmarker, big heifer) and another bred to Kenai (Jersey).

Jeff

·
Registered
697 Posts
great day, sounds like it- I have a jersey I had the AL guy out 4 months in a row was going to give up but she did not go back into heat. I have my fingers crossed-
I also signed a contact with Up-state in about 30 days I should have enough milk to ship. This is huge to me. A new farm gal starting out-
Liz NY

·
Seeking Type
2,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, congrats! Just keep your bacteria levels down, SCC and you will get the extra quality. Don't overly worry about the PI counts, those numbers are suspect. They seem to change, depending how the milk truck driver takes the sample, handles it, etc. Because no matter what we have done, the numbers never stay at a consistent level. Was talking to someone on Friday, and she said there is always this random high number each month, I noticed that for last month.

If you treat any cows, follow instructions on the box, discard for the length of time they reccomend. If you dry treat, do the same for when they are fresh. You shouldn't have any problems. JUST DONT FORGET!! :).

Jeff

1 - 4 of 4 Posts