Warning about Fandango

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by mysticokra, Jun 3, 2005.

1. mysticokra

mysticokra Well-Known Member

Several years ago, when we lived in Atlanta, I used Fandango.com to purchase movie tickets. They made a big deal about how they respected our privacy and did not keep copies of our credit cards on file.

Well, we moved and when I went on-line to buy some tickets, I updated our profile with our new zip code. While I was reviewing the preliminary order, it went ahead and posted a sale to the theater in our old Atlanta zip code and charged my Amex card for the tickets. Since they don't give refunds, I would have been screwed on this. However, the joke's on them, since that old card was cancelled 6 months ago.

Nevertheless, it's proof they kept and used the old information. We will not be using them again. :grump:

2. stanb999

stanb999 Well-Known Member

This time of year who has time for such sillyness. Like going to a movie? Too much work to be done. Besides the movies they are making today are just crap.

P.S. I am not an old fogie.

3. kathy H

kathy H kathyh

No stan just grouchy.

4. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

Good point, Mystic. One reason why I change my card now and then. I usually call and say, please issue me a new one my old one can't be read or got broken or something. It always works and then I get a nice new number noone has.

What were you going to see? I think we might go to see Star Wars (though I don't give a hoot, my SO does).

5. mysticokra

mysticokra Well-Known Member

We went to see Star Wars. I felt the need to complete the circle.
    I really liked the Buddhist influence that Yoda offered, but couldn't help but be sad at how easy it is for evil to win when good people do nothing, or just make bad choices.