War hits Closer to home

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Kenneth in NC, Oct 5, 2004.

1. Kenneth in NC

Kenneth in NC Well-Known Member

My cousins Father in Law was killed Sunday in Iraq.

Sgt. Russell L. Collier, 48, of Harrison, Ark., died Oct. 3, 2004 in Taji, Iraq. His unit was conducting traffic control operations when enemy forces attacked them using small arms fire. Collier was assigned to 1st Battalion, 206th Field Artillery Regiment, Arkansas National Guard, Russellville, Ark.

That makes 6 people (family & friends) we've lost in this war.

2. AngieM2

AngieM2 Big Front Porch advocate

So sorry to hear you've lost that many, and this recent one.

Condolences,
    AngieM2

3. Meg Z

Meg Z winding down

My condolences. My hubby is active duty, and has served in both Afganistan and Iraq...and will probably be going back. We've lost friends, too, but the only family I could lose there would be him.

{{{{{{Kenneth}}}}}}} Hugs for you and your family

Meg

4. CulturalInfidel

CulturalInfidel Member

My condolences to you and your family.

Did the Nam thing oh so long ago. Now, as did then, a little piece of me dies when a fellow Vet dies in combat.

God bless you and your family.

5. Parsonrei1

Parsonrei1 Member

So very sorry for all your losses. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family and all our troops serving to keep us FREE.

6. Mudwoman

Mudwoman Well-Known Member

This is just heart breaking. We have a son in the Marine Corp. Every day is just agony listening to the news. I'm so sorry that you have lost so many. May God be with all our troops.

7. OUVickie

OUVickie Well-Known Member Supporter

I'm so sorry Kenneth. :(

8. Kenneth in NC

Kenneth in NC Well-Known Member

WE hadn't got to know Russel that well and now we never will. It seems to me were not winning a war but we are eliminating soldiers. :mad: OURS :mad:

9. Anataq

Anataq Well-Known Member

Got to keep that oil flowing, I mean how could we keep the multi-billion dollar oil economy going if we lost control of Iraqi oil. We would have to drill in the Artic and in CO. can't do that so hmmm. WMD in Iraq, just the excuse we need to keep the oil flowing the direction we want it. Just follow the almighty $ sign and there you'll have the real answer to what's going on.

If we were really concerned about WMD, crimes against humanity, on and on and on and on wouldn't we be in North Korea right now? Hmmm not much that's worth all the trouble except a few million gallons of chemical weapons, bio weapons, and a handfull of nuclear devises in the hands of a country that would readily sell them to the highest bidder. Nope no oil there though.

Follow the $

Anataq.

10. Shygal

Shygal Unreality star Supporter

Ken, don't forget, the war is over, Mission Accomplished :mad:

Tell that to the families that have lost so many since it was declared done :(

11. Jan in CO

Jan in CO Well-Known Member Supporter

Not much any of us can say, Kenneth, except that we're sorry. No family should have to bear that many losses. As they say, Freedom isn't Free, but sure sounds like your extended family is paying too much of the cost. Our condolences. Jan in Co

12. Haggis

Haggis MacCurmudgeon

Like always it's a rich man's war and a poor man's fight. I am trully sorry for your loss.

13. ibcnya

ibcnya Well-Known Member

My condolences Kenneth, as a retired Marine I know and understand the pain that accompanies a loss in the "family". It truly is a poor man's war as all wars are no doubt about it. This war as all wars will be fought by those who have accepted the call or to put it simply volunteered.
    Let's not make light of the subject of war nor make light of who is at fault for the war we are in. Never forget they attacked us first contrary to mainstream media bull. And "they" is an exploding population of Muslim fanatics who are willing to die for the death of Christianity and the destruction of Israel.
    Oil your guns men and be vigilant. Do not listen to the likes of candidate Kerry. This is a religious showdown. Are you ready?

14. Gayle in LA

Gayle in LA Well-Known Member

Hey, we may have lost over 1000 troops, but what the heck, the economy is JUST GREAT and those defense stocks are doing SO WELL! And we are so resolute. We just have to stay the course and keep doing exactly what we've been doing for 18 months.

(Pay no mind to all those coffins over there, or the crying people)

15. reese

reese Well-Known Member

Blessings! :(

I thank Sgt. Collier and his family for their service to our Country.

16. cowgirlone

cowgirlone Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear of your loss Kenneth. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

17. tallpines

tallpines Well-Known Member

My sympathies--------on the loss of this man and all the others, too.

18. seraphima

seraphima Active Member

Thank you for sharing your story; my condolances to you and your family. I'll keep Sgt. Russell Collier in my prayers.