Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to make a pumpkin whipped cream pie. We now have access to some of the BEST whole cream and I would like to make a pie with it for Thanksgiving. I have made a ice cream pumpkin pie before, by mixing pumpkin, spices and vanilla ice cream and then spooning into a gluten free ginger snap crust. So I am thinking this might be a similar thing, but was hoping that someone might have a recipe. When I google it I keep getting stuff with boxed pudding in the mix. YUCK! Any thoughts?
God bless you and yours
Deb

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Bon Appetit magazine had a recipe several years ago that I have been making for years. It is made on the stovetop using unflavored gelatin. Once the pumpkin mixture has cooled, it is folded into whipped cream. The result is a lighter type of pumpkin pie. I don't even fold the whipped cream in any more. I just pour the pumpkin mixture into the prebaked pie shell and refrigerate.

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Success! I found a recipe on Pinterest that uses cream cheese in it, and then I googled "pumpkin mousse" and found on there that I think I will use. Either way I am covered. Although, now that I have seen so many regular pumpkin pies, I might just bake one the old fashioned way. I just really want to use this cream, because with a higher fat content and lower sugar I will be able to have a small serving without having to walk ten miles to offset the blood sugar spike. LOL Thanks for all of your help y'all!
God bless you and yours
Deb

1 - 5 of 5 Posts