Wanting to buy a track loader for my farm

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by farmerscotty, Aug 6, 2005.

1. farmerscotty

farmerscotty Well-Known Member

I am in need of a track loader to clean up my farm. Anyone have an idea where I should look. I have had a ad in the Springfield Mo paper for a couple of week as "Want to buy".

Don't want a new one but don't want a giant paper weight either!

Farmerscotty
    Ozark mo

2. Gary in ohio

Gary in ohio Well-Known Member Supporter

If your just doing clean up, Why not rent for a couple of months. While daily rates can be high monthly rates are pretty cheap. DONT go to nations rent or other consumer rental place, go to a commercial rental place.

3. agmantoo

agmantoo agmantoo Supporter

Cat dealers of size usually have a field rep that is aware of any machine that is a potential trade. Talk with the field man and tell him your needs or wants. He will locate a machine for you. Remember, for your own use that bigger is better! Machines that require additional effort to move are not sought after and they are cheaper. You can do a small task with a large machine but it is time consuming and inefficient to do a large task with too small of a machine. I have a 955L and it has been very valuable to me as for improving my farm. A good machine will loose very little if any money even if you own it for a number of years. In the meanwhile you could have done many thousands of dollars worth of work and to your satisfaction. Be safe when you get your machine.

4. Grizz

Grizz Well-Known Member

I got a Cat 941 crawler loader forsale not a cream puff but not a rag eather just put a new motor in it less than 100 hrs I bought a 977 I used it today about 6 hrs loading shale Im in Maryland