Wanted

Discussion in 'Beekeeping' started by justgojumpit, Jul 10, 2004.

1. justgojumpit

justgojumpit Well-Known Member

Feel free to post and reply to any wanted ads here.

justgojumpit

2. justgojumpit

I make goat milk soap and lotion, and other bath and body products. I use bees wax in many of my recipes... I really try to support other local farmers, and would much prefer to buy my wax from a local producer than mail order it or *gasp* buy it from a big chain store. Last time I was able to buy 1 pound blocks from a lady at the Small Farm Today show in Columbia... I am about out.. anyone have any for sale? Please contact me privately or by phone at 6362746117. I would buy as little as 1 pound or as much as 5 or 10 pounds, whatever you may have.

Thanks,
    Stephanie Kirkpatrick

Moved by justgojumpit for slkirky

3. queenb64

queenb64 New Member

If any of you veteran beekeepers have equipment that you could pass along to a new beekeeper, I would greatly appreciate it. I am building my own hives in excitement. I have what .. 8 months before I can do anything but Im going nuts so I gotta keep busy. But some help with some of the other things would be a blessing.
    My family is looking for land in the Ozarks to purchase, and hope to be moving this coming spring. There will be at least 8 of us. We are very excited. If you know Marlene in the homestead forum she's my aunt!! (Aunt MO!!) If any one lives in North Arkansas and could give me some advice, and pointers I would glady accept.
    Debbie

4. justgojumpit

If anyone has a used extractor that they no longer use, i would like to buy one at a good price. I would prefer a radial extractor, but if someone has a tangential at a really good price i would be interested in that too.

justgojumpit

I BOUGHT AN EXTRACTOR... THANK YOU!

5. ckw346

ckw346 New Member

does anyone know of a place to buy bees close to the texas panhandle? would like a place close enough to pick them up. 3 or 400 mile max.
    charlie

6. beebiz

beebiz New Member

Anyone out there In NW TN have or know anyone who has any beekeeping equipment that they would be willing to give to someone to haul it away? I know that sounds like a very unlikely scenario, but a couple of years back it happened to me. An older gentleman who had not kept bees in several years gave me some hives, frames, a bee suit, hat, gloves, smoker and other things... just for hauling them away. Unfortunately, before I got a chance to use any of it, our house and the adjacent building containing all the equipment was lost in a fire. It probably also sounds like I'm being cheap, but right now finances are extremely tight. I have more time on my hands than I do money! I thought if I could get some used things, I could use some of that time to thoroughly clean things up. Then later, when the $$ belt isn't quite as tight, I can purchase the things that require the $$. And, if all goes well for the bees and me, I'll gladly share some of the honey with the donor(s)!

The one and only thing that I ask of a donor is to try to make sure that none of the equipment has ever housed bees that had AFB or EFB. I'm not trying to be picky, but from what I've read about AFB and EFB, the diseases can remain in the wax and the woodenware for 10 years or longer.

Thanks for looking,
    beebiz

7. lprater

lprater New Member

Hi Debbie, I no veteran beekeeper but I do have 25 hives and plan to increase my hives by 15 this spring. I live in the n-east of arkansas a town call hoxie. If I can help let me know. Rick

8. james dilley

james dilley Well-Known Member Supporter

I am looking for a source of wild flower seeds to plant for a summer bee pasture need about a 1/2 lb. or so thanks

9. freez

freez Member

Hello all.

I am looking to buy some beeswax. Any of you have any for sale?

I live in NC.

Please pm me or post here.

Thanks.

10. decamper

decamper Well-Known Member

We are looking for someone to place their hives on our property. We have too many irons-in-the-fire at this time than to keep bees; both time and expense. We own a bee heaven...13 acres filled with herb and vegetable gardens, flowers, and fruit trees. Would also be willing to barter honey for some of our fruit, flowers, vegetables, or organic chicken eggs. We are located in central IL.

11. bethlaf

bethlaf Homegrown Family

wanting to buy beeswax , not a lot , but i use it in my soaps and lotion bars please pm me
    Thanks
    Beth

12. justgojumpit

Hi beth, I have some votive candles for sale, 100% beeswax. There are about 5-6 candles per lb They cost $1.25 each, plus shipping. So that works out to about $8 per pound. You could use them for your soaps and lotions, plus you could get some extra and enjoy their 15 hour burn time! I have about 80 of these candles left, and if you would take the lot, maybe we could work something out for a quantity discount. Let me know if you're interested.

justgojumpit

ps. these candles retail for $2.00 each, but the store where I sold them burned down, so I can't sell them there anymore (obviously ;))

13. freez

freez Member

Just Go,

Can you tell me what S&H would be on these candles?

Let's say one pound. To NC.

Thanks,

freez

14. TimandPatti

TimandPatti Texas

I am looking for honey to buy. I tried the Honey locator and it gave me no results.
    I am in the Sherman/Denison Texas area.
    Thank you

15. mtnmama

mtnmama Member

do you have a couple of med supers you can spare?

16. copperkid3

copperkid3 Well-Known Member

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

How much are you looking for? Have honey for sale; gallon (12 lbs. or more) would go for $1.75/lb. plus shipping; $2.00/lb. for less than a gallon, plus shipping. Let me know; contact me privately by email.

copperkid3@isp.com

17. daytrader

daytrader Well-Known Member

Wanted to buy a set up be hive in Central/southern Illinois.

18. AuntWillies

AuntWillies New Member

Hi Stephanie,
    I am small commercial beekeeper (50 hives and expanding to 200). We are located in Southern California. I can supply you with pure yellow beeswax in any amount. Please reply or call me and let me know what you need.
    Thank you.
    Mark Hoppe
    Aunt Willies Appairy
    (562) 841-9754 (cell)

19. ladyfarmer

ladyfarmer Member

I am looking for any beekeeping equipment that might be available around NW Ohio, SE Michigan or NE Indiana. My friend is trying to get started in the wonderful beekeeping business and is looking for supplies. Please let me know. THANKS!!

20. jnap31

jnap31 garden guy

Anyone with in two hours of fayetteville that has some splits they could sell me cheaply in april 07? Otherwise I am buying from the jester bee company in north east AR.