Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I buy pigs in the Southeast Missouri Area ?
Besides the sale barns. Thanks.

·
Registered
45 Posts
pigneeder said:
Where can I buy pigs in the Southeast Missouri Area ?
Besides the sale barns. Thanks.
pigneeder i live in the area and was wondering is there a reason you dont
want to buy from the sale barns?

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have bought some sick animals from the sale barn, and heard of alot of other stories. But it seems to get harder to find person to person pigs for sale. Most only want to sell full grown hogs. I would like to get 40 pounders or so. 1 to 4 pigs. I may have to goto the sale barn. Usually about 50/50 luck with sale barns, maybe I will get 2 good out of 4.

·
Registered
9,852 Posts
Look in the classified ads. We have a free classified paper "Its Classified" in our area and there are always piglet and sometimes pig ads in there. Also check the bulletin boards at the farm and grain stores, local general stores, coop food stores, etc. That is where we hang our posters selling pigs and piglets. I sold one this after noon :) that came from a poster at a gardening store.

Personally I would avoid the sales and auctions. I would prefer being able to see the animals where they were raised up and see the sows and other piglets in the litters if possible. You can learn a lot from that.

Good luck!

-Walter
in Vermont

·
Registered
107 Posts
We have a litter due at the end of the month if you can wait awhile till they are weened close to Christmas.

The next one is due in December so they should be ready in Feb.

Where in Mo are you?

Jim

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I live about half way between Cape Girardeau and Sikeston.

·
Registered
107 Posts
You're not too far from me then. Would you be interested in some feeders around mid-late December?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes , thanks.
If possible I would probably want 2 in December,
and maybe 2 more in Feburary.
If you want to PM me with the price I would appreciate it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts