Wanted: NZ's & Angora's near SE Oklahoma

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by Spinner, Jul 12, 2006.

1. Spinner

Spinner Well-Known Member

I would like to start raising rabbits again so I'm looking for breeding stock. I want the angora's to supply spinning material, and the New Zealands (or California's) to supply meat. Please pm if you have any for sale or trade in western Arkansas, NE Texas, or SE Oklahoma.

2. foxtailfarms

foxtailfarms Active Member

I'm probably a bit out of range, but have both that you're in need of..NZW and Angoras, however i'm in NE Oklahoma.

3. Somerhill

Somerhill Well-Known Member

If you don't receive any replies, email me at
    somerhill(at)earthlink.net
    I have customers who have had French and Satin angoras shipped to them in your area I can put you in touch with.

Just a tip: You could keep all French Angora does chosen from lines that have good, smooth (meaty) body types, and then just get a NZ or Cal buck to use for producing meat rabbits. The FA is a dual purpose rabbit, and if you buy carefully, you can find lines that breed year-round, produce 7-10 kits per litter, and the kits will be 4# at 60 days. So if you use a meat breed buck on them, you'll get a little better carcass and growth rate, and the crossbred kits will have short hair, making them easier to butcher (and less temptng to keep) :rolleyes: This will save cage space and eliminate the need to keep extra rabbits taht are not producing 2 products.
    The Satin Angora is also a dual purpose breed, but I've found it harder to find SA does that would be as productive and carefree as the FA doe. The SA is making progress and improving in this regard, tho'.

Lisa at Somerhill
    www.somerhillfarm.com

4. woodsmokeinherhair

woodsmokeinherhair it's bout quality of life

I have meat rabbits. My NZW kindled 4 weeks ago, so I have meat rabbits that are 4 weeks old. Just be aware that I am also new to rabbits, and my stock was bought at the local auction. I can send pictures if you like. Part of these will go back to the local auction in another 4 weeks, what I don't put in the freezer ..... as a matter of fact, if you know how to butcher, maybe we can barter, lol ... :).

I'm in Eufaula by the way.

Woodsmokeinherhair!

5. orphy

orphy Well-Known Member

Hey spinner, I have angroas and am in north central arkansas, I would be happy to meet you half way. I have frenches. I have some young rabbits from 2 different lines that would be perfect to start with. I got my rabbits from a show breeder, I do not show but I have lovely animals and they are the most mellow rabbits. Let me know if your interested.

6. ajharris

ajharris Amanda

Hey WoodSmoke, where is the auction at up towards Eufaula? I am about 20 miles south of McAlester and would like to find one to sell my wether at.

Amanda

7. rickd203

rickd203 Well-Known Member

Here's a bunch of listings for Oklahoma. One of these should be the one you're looking for.

Active Livestock Markets

I have NZW's, angoras, Californians and florida whites. I am hoping to move to SE OK soon so if you're still looking I may have some to sell.