Wanted: freezer calf

Discussion in 'Cattle' started by mamabear, Apr 18, 2005.

1. mamabear

mamabear Well-Known Member

This has also been posted on the Barter Board.

We thought we'd start by asking on here first, since y'all seem almost like kinfolk and neighbors.
    We are looking for a calf that is around 300 pounds or so to raise up for meat later in the year. Of course, since that is the purpose, it does not have to be any type of pedigreed anything, or even pretty for that matter. :p
    We are located in west Texas, just north of San Angelo. So, if there is anyone out in this part of the country that has a homely calf to sell, please holler at us.

Thanks a bushel.
    mamabear

2. Patty0315

Patty0315 Well-Known Member

I have a bunch in NY :rolleyes: Sorry . But then again I have seen some nice horses forsale down there , wonder if I could talk my way into that trip :haha: ?????? Good luck finding a calf.

3. mamabear

mamabear Well-Known Member

Well, come on down! :D It sure is pretty this time of year, with all the wildflowers blooming, especially the blue bonnets.
    There are some very nice horses down this way. I'm into rescue animals myself, as it seems that I've had tremendous success with everything that I've adopted. As a matter of fact, if you do drift down this way, you could check out the Lone Star Equine Rescue in Haslet, TX. Their website is
    http://www.lser.org/contents.htm.
    If you ever are down this way, stop by and stay a spell. I'll round us up some southern cooking and big ol' glasses of ice tea. :p
    Thanks for the well wishes.
    mamabear