Wanted: Barbado ram in TX hill country

Discussion in 'Sheep' started by Ark, Dec 28, 2005.

1. Ark

Ark Well-Known Member

I dont want to BUY a ram - I already have 2 but they are too hard to catch, and plus we are keeping them with my FIL's sheep. I want to lease someone's HEALTHY ram for our 2 barbado cross ewes that we cant catch. LOL.
    Our 2 ewes are here on our 10 acres with our goats. Our 2 rams are an hour away with a whole herd of barbado ewes. The plan was to take the 2 ewes out there as soon as they recovered from their "sales barn sickness", but now we cant catch them. They had horrible coughs, etc, but have been very healthy for the last 6 months. I do NOT want to go buy another ram even tho I could get one very cheap at the auction. It is just not worth it!!! These ewes are healthy and I want to keep them that way! They hang out and eat with the goats, but freak if I get too close. I love to watch them when they get frisky! :)

DO BARBADOS CYCLE THROUGHOUT THE YEAR?

THANKS,
    RACHEL

2. Ark

Ark Well-Known Member

Actually, I would LOVE to do some BARTERING for the services needed.
    I can offer the services of a FB Boer buck in return.
    Thankyou!
    R. Koepke

3. Somerhill

Somerhill Well-Known Member

Ok - the obvious question...... :confused: :confused:

If someone does loan you a ram, once you turn him loose, how would you ever catch him again to return him?
    Inquiring minds...

Lisa at Somerhill (who does not have a Barbados ram, nor do I recommend leasing rams)

4. Ark

Ark Well-Known Member

LOL - well, I was hoping he'd be tame! :p

One of ours that is out at my FILs place used to be really tame, but since he has been running with those WILD ewes, he wont come up to me anymore. :boring: