want to lose weight with me?

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by steff bugielski, Nov 8, 2005.

1. steff bugielski

steff bugielski Well-Known Member

I would like to lose about 20lbs. I know I will not stick to a diet or join a club. So I thought if we could get together and try with a team or a partner it might work.
    Anyone want to give it a try?
    Steff

2. Alice In TX/MO

Alice In TX/MO More dharma, less drama. Supporter

I need to lose ten. If I could stop the evening snacking after supper, I think the weight would drift away.

3. thequeensblessing

thequeensblessing Well-Known Member

I need to lose about 25 lbs. I had a hysterectomy in Feb, and a car accident in August that resulted in 2 broken feet. Needless to say, my exercise level has been somewhere around nonexistant! I would love to be someone's weightloss buddy. I could use the encouragement.

I snack at night too, and if I stopped that, or snacked smarter anyway, and exercised more, I think I could lose it too.

4. mpillow

mpillow Well-Known Member Supporter

Count me in for 10 pounds.....I have been doing Leslie's 2 mile walk 4 times a week for 2 weeks and some free wts. I have alot more energy but not losing...but still indulging in big meals and snacks too!

5. tnborn

tnborn Well-Known Member

Count me in.
    tnborn

6. Dave in Ohio

Dave in Ohio Well-Known Member

I've lost 45 so far and still have alot more to go, it has been difficult lately as I have been working 13 hours a day. But I'll go for 20 and some other heavyweights want to join in-great.
    My problem is when I get bored I eat, and I have a wife that is a couch potato and just doesn't want to do anything. Of course I enjoy watching television too much and my job is a sit on your duff. I did go to the gym faithfully every morning but until I change my eating habits I will stay around 300#

So if I don't post like we decide to, make sure everyone PMs me and get after my lard -----.
    Dave

7. Chinclub

Chinclub Well-Known Member

Count me in! I've had some heart trouble and was told to loose weight. I've done 15 pounds so far but now I'm stuck. I need get that last 15 off but it doesn't seem to want to leave.

Has anyone tried this diet plan? http://www.3appleplan.com

8. HilltopDaisy

HilltopDaisy Well-Known Member Supporter

Count me in, too. Steff, this is a great idea! Just yesterday, I was trying to explain to a patient the benefits (of dropping 10-20 pounds) regarding blood pressure, blood sugar levels, knee and foot pain, heart health, etc. Oprah had a terrific show yesterday, had a few women on who had lost 70-100 pounds. One went on to win a bikini contest! It was very motivating! I do OK all day, then when I get home at 12:30 at night, I sit in front of this 'puter and eat junk. Definitely need to up my exercise level. I started climbing the stairs at work again, during my dinner break. It's 6 full flights, and a killer when you haven't done it in a while. I can't do it without resting a couple times. I'm definitely interested!

9. Maura

Maura Well-Known Member Supporter

I need to loose 36 pounds. I was keeping steady several years ago, then developed some real painful problems. This summer I was able to start walking again.

So, do we check in once a week and announce if we've gained, lost, or remain the same? Do we discuss exercise?

10. thequeensblessing

thequeensblessing Well-Known Member

I think checking in is a good thing, and talking about exercise will hopefully motivate me more. I'd also love it if we could share low cal snack foods and maybe even recipes. I'll start!

My favorite low cal snack food is this:

Take 16 chocolate graham sticks and two tablespoons of fat free cool-whip. Dip the chocolate grahams in the cool whip and eat them slowly. (the slower you munch the more satisfied you are.) I like this because I can eat something crispy, something chocolatey, and something cool and creamy, and still stay under around 150 to 200 calories.

I know apples are good for snacking too!

maybe we need a weightloss forum!! :)

11. mpillow

I think it would be cool if we could assign something to each day of the week....

like Tuesday.... 2 extra pushups or 2 extra sets of a favorite exercise

Wed....work on the middle day....situps or waistline exercise

other days could focus on diet....drinking water is a huge problem for me....I dislike plain old water :boring:

Ideas? a daily thread too....

12. bachelorb

bachelorb Well-Known Member

Lets see my body mass index says at 6'3" I should weigh uhh......... 195???

hahahahahhaahaha lol hahahahahahh

Ok put me down for 20 off this 235 lb belly.

13. katlupe

katlupe Off-The-Grid Homesteader Supporter

Count me in too! I think if I lose some weight, my legs won't give me so much trouble.

I think we should think of some good low fat foods and especially alternative snack foods. And since many of us raise our foods, try to incorporate them into low fat fare.

Check out this site www.bodyfueling.com. Robyn Landis has done alot of work in this weight losing war and the fad diets. Her book makes so much sense and it does allow you to eat - which most don't.

14. Chinclub

Chinclub Well-Known Member

I used to hate water too and was extremely addicted to diet coke. My heart doctor said to stop the caffine but everything else I liked to drink was full of sugar. My husband bought a case of that new Fruit2O water at Sams and it is really good. The raspberry tastes like an Icee to me. Its still not the best since it does have sodium and sucralose but I lost 6 pounds just from switching to it from diet coke! It has also helped me to learn to like regular water. We can't drink our tap water but I have developed a taste for Aquafina water now. So now I'm slowly weaning off the Fruit2O and onto Aquafina.

15. Miz Mary

Miz Mary Well-Known Member Supporter

OK , Me too. I need to lose 20 lbs.
    First step is admitting it ..........I am a night muncher, and I noticed my portions are LARGER at meal time........so, I am going to watch portion control, and munch healthier !!!
    I drink hot tea all day - helps not to munch. Hard to diet when you live with folks who bring home cookies, donuts, and such !
    I also need to get up earlier and exercise -

16. Jenn

Jenn Well-Known Member Supporter

5'4", once lean mean 130 lbs, now 70 kg = 154 lbs, down 4 kg to 145 lbs or so with more walking and bicycling and exer machine past few weeks. Also cooking properly and skipping sweet cereal breakfast; eating a savory meal at 11 am or so instead, and aside from crepes and honey/jam for dinner at 5 yesterday, no baked sweets for a few days. Also raisins not candy for sweet snack (except for 40 milk choc chips yest). Well there are brownies in the oven but I didn't lick out the bowl. And I put so many walnuts in my side it'll be only 50% chocolate. Switched from fattest jeans to near fattest since the fattest were uncomfortably loose. No way near 'medium' jeans but somedaY?

17. heather

heather Well-Known Member

Count me in for 20 to lose

We used to have a Weigh In here on Thursdays I think it was -

We could pick a day & everybody weigh in -

I have been on & off Weight Watchers but maybe with some "accountability" I could stay on better :D

18. Jan Doling

Jan Doling Well-Known Member

Count me in...I need to lose a ton at least, but will be happy with even a few pounds to ge my cholesterol down. I heard if you lose 10% of your current weight, your sex life improves a lot...any life would be an improvement!

19. Kazahleenah

Kazahleenah Disgruntled citizen

I don't own a scale... but put me down for .... 15 or 20 maybe. My biggest problem is working out. I eat fine, drink a LOT of water, but need to get back into regular working outs of the 'hard' kind. (like Tae Bo)... just need that kick in the shorts to get me back at it I guess. And the holidays are comming! uggggh!

Kaza

20. mpillow

Lets all have a big drink of water.....

I did exercise....going back out soon to cut some wood with my bowsaw.

Lots of fiber, and protien.....curbs hunger!