wanna see my new website? :)

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by rabbitgal, Dec 1, 2005.

1. rabbitgal

rabbitgal Ex-homesteader

I'm finishing a new website for my rabbitry, and if some of you could stop by and tell us what you think, I'd appreciate it. :D It's located at www.geocities.com/cremerabbits. The idea is to make the site visually appealing, quick to load, easy to navigate, USEFUL/INFORMATIVE, and of course, show off our rabbits. :) So, what's your honest opinion? Any suggestions to make it better?

Still working on the links page, and some of the individual links on the home page don't work.

Thanks!

2. Xandras_Zoo

Xandras_Zoo Well-Known Member

That is an AWESOME webpage. Flawless!

Great writing, correct grammer, correct info. I can see from your website that you're a responsible breeder. You have pefect advice for the pet owner, you encourage spaying and neutering, but you aren't HRS they NEED to be spayed or neutered. You list the correct lifespan, not "3 or 5 years", and you have a return policy. :clap: You've got useful information on your breeds, not JUST their history and conformation. You've listed your rabbits and have beautiful photos of them, you have a sales list and contact information.

And I believe that you do eat the odd one... correct me if I'm wrong...

Tactful not to mention it if you do.

Oh, and you let me listen to my own, personal music!
    :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

3. rzrubek

rzrubek Flying Z

Nice Job!! :rock: The only thing left to do is get your own domain :D I like the layout and the photos are really nice. Who's the little cutie on the couch with the rabbit? She looks about the same age as my daughter. Good luck with it, Randy

4. rabbitgal

rabbitgal Ex-homesteader

Thanks, I appreciate your input. Still working on it, I want to add more, especially some educational stuff--gets kind of boring answering the same questions over and over.

The adorable little girl who keeps popping up on the site is my sister. :) She's almost two, and she is SUCH a camera ham! She really loves rabbits--likes to bury her face in their fur. But guess what one of her favorite songs is? "Kill da wabbit, kill da wabbit!" a la Elmer Fudd. You can guess where most of our rabbits go...:)

5. Goat Freak

Goat Freak Slave To Many Animals

Looks GREAT! One thing that I think could be added is more pictures, like some of the babies that have been born on your place, stuff like that, pictures are ALWAYS good. By the way, I REALLY like how you put info on your rabbits quality AND their personality, and your rabbits look REALLY cute. Bye.

6. rabbitgal

rabbitgal Ex-homesteader

Coming soon: pictures and "journal" of a crossbred litter growing up! Birth to...who knows? Right now they're two weeks old. I think the little crossbreds will "silver out" like a Creme or Champagne d'Argent, so it should make for some interesting photos if the litter survives. They've grown sooo fast, and already I can see a few white hairs on the tips of their little paws.

7. Sinenian

Sinenian Well-Known Member

I really like it.
    I was at one point considering starting up a meat rabbit project.
    But then I found the Holland Lops and loved them.

I like Seirra's Daughter Creme x Cal. Was the daughter sired by Arnie, Verdant or another buck?

8. Paranoid

Paranoid Homebrewed Happiness

they look very yummy, and the pelts look excellent.

one thing i'd suggest is lose the geocities account, they put so much spam on your page most people dont even click geocities links when they show up in a search query.

9. Jennifer L.

Jennifer L. Well-Known Member Supporter

VERY nice! :) Informative and not one of the "oh, look at my rabbit, it's so cute" pages that you run into sometimes surfing for information.

One thing you might change, the type on the articles is on the small side for some of us. I don't know if that's just my computer or not, though?

Anyway, great job!!!! :goodjob: :goodjob:

Jennifer

10. markm240

markm240 Well-Known Member

Awesome site where in VA are you I would love to arrange getting a few purebred cali's from you if you get up my way 2 does and a buck would be great thanks mark

11. Hank - Narita

Hank - Narita Well-Known Member

Your website is really nice; easy to find info. Don't know much about rabbits so didn't read the technical stuff. We had a neighbor do our dog site. It is www.naritafarmsaussies.com. She did a good job and not very expensive (just a little over $100). Personally don't like the free sites but yours looked very professional. More pictures would be good. My web person suggested separate email address, counter, search engine info which we went with.