Homesteading Forum banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,476 Posts
[QUOTE="Kiamichi Kid,
I won’t wear a mask and I won’t get the shot...I’ll get by just fine.
That statement tells me everything I would ever need to know about you.
[/QUOTE]
And your statement tells me a lot about anything I need to know about you.

·
STILL not Alice
20,197 Posts
Our walmart has this big sign outside that says masks are required. They have a person sitting inside the lobby offering masks.

The majority of people do not wear masks. There is, after all, that fine print at the bottom of the sign that essentially says that people who have valid reasons for not wearing a mask don't have to.

I have a valid reason: a healthy immune system, and a low tolerance for BS.

·
STILL not Alice
20,197 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Just went into a local lumber/hardware big box store.

I had swapped trucks and didn't have a mask. Buddy said they weren't forcing masks anymore.

Walked right in.

I was one of two people out of maybe 300 that weren't wearing a mask.

Lots of odd looks. I felt like a rebel.

It did feel good to smile at folks again.

·
Premium Member
26,577 Posts
Wal-mart here announced today that employees are still required to wear masks and customers are expected to wear masks.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
You see Walmart is going no masks for people having covid vaccine. I guess we are in the police state of walmart if they will request vaccine cards to go maskless.
Just seems wrong . Same with pizza shops giving discounts or free pizza. Or lottery tickets or icecream cone. How are they going to mark us so we only get one free something. What stickers on the vaccinated card ?
All employees at Walmart here will continue to wear mask. I always wear one in town. At our local drug store and markets, Doctor office etc. all employees will continue to wear mask. At the Doctor office and the local market they still give you a free mask if you don't have one.

·
Premium Member
9,204 Posts
Obviously we just need wrist tattoos.

my state still has the governor having face masks, but went for pizza buffet and very few people at all had a mask on. The workers appeared they still needed to wear one, but they were only half wearing one, including management, to try to appease those who are scared.

pretty much, the mask thing is over. Really haven’t seen much enforcement/ caring for 3-4 weeks here in rural part of the state.

I believe Menards will still require masks on everyone, and their upper management seems quite stringent on this. fair enough, their store their uniform rules.

I can’t possibly see any normal store trying any middle ground on this. Either no mask needed, or masks needed on everyone. It would be foolhardy to try to enforce a vaccine or not no mask/ mask double standard! Only the govt would come up with such a double standard.

Paul

·
STILL not Alice
20,197 Posts
All employees at Walmart here will continue to wear mask. I always wear one in town. At our local drug store and markets, Doctor office etc. all employees will continue to wear mask. At the Doctor office and the local market they still give you a free mask if you don't have one.
Well, I suppose that, if you're going to wear a petri dish strapped to your face, it's nice of them to offer you a fresh one.

·
Registered
10,821 Posts
There hasn't been much mask wearing in our area for quite a few weeks.Closest town's Walmart, doctor's office and hospital are the only places that have a mask policy in force. Very few people in town wear masks. Went to eat and no problems, no masks on anyone. The restaurants that made it through the lock down are all open and unmasked.

Reactions: Pony and jeepgrrl

·
STILL not Alice
20,197 Posts
High school graduation in town last week.

EVERYONE was barefaced and smiling, with one exception. Within 5 minutes, her mask was down around her neck.

As this is not the first time there was a large, unmasked local gathering, I feel confident in saying that there will be no major outbreak following this event. :)

·
STILL not Alice
20,197 Posts
If people would actually learn about masks, they would not be so eager to slap those petri dishes on their faces.

What cracks me up is fully bearded men wearing masks, giving the hairy eyeball to those who choose to breathe fresh air.

Anyone who has done the bare minimum research knows that beards + mask = zero protection, in addition to increased risk of respiratory disease.

SMH

·
Registered
10,821 Posts
High school graduation in town last week.

EVERYONE was barefaced and smiling, with one exception. Within 5 minutes, her mask was down around her neck.

As this is not the first time there was a large, unmasked local gathering, I feel confident in saying that there will be no major outbreak following this event. :)
Same here, big Cinco de Mayo party at the city park, lots of food booths and very few masks (mainly the very elderly).

Reactions: jeepgrrl and Pony

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
If people would actually learn about masks, they would not be so eager to slap those petri dishes on their faces.

What cracks me up is fully bearded men wearing masks, giving the hairy eyeball to those who choose to breathe fresh air.

Anyone who has done the bare minimum research knows that beards + mask = zero protection, in addition to increased risk of respiratory disease.

SMH
The ability to think for yourself, as opposed to thinking whatever you are told to is becoming a lost art.

·
Registered
16,577 Posts
There hasn't been much mask wearing in our area for quite a few weeks.Closest town's Walmart, doctor's office and hospital are the only places that have a mask policy in force. Very few people in town wear masks. Went to eat and no problems, no masks on anyone. The restaurants that made it through the lock down are all open and unmasked.
You mean the martial law?

·
Registered
4,221 Posts

SMH
They just never worked in mold remediation and asbestos abatement. Clean shaven and the real world. I must be feeling better...

21 - 40 of 54 Posts