Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You see Walmart is going no masks for people having covid vaccine. I guess we are in the police state of walmart if they will request vaccine cards to go maskless.
Just seems wrong . Same with pizza shops giving discounts or free pizza. Or lottery tickets or icecream cone. How are they going to mark us so we only get one free something. What stickers on the vaccinated card ?

·
Registered
16,614 Posts
You see Walmart is going no masks for people having covid vaccine. I guess we are in the police state of walmart if they will request vaccine cards to go maskless.
Just seems wrong . Same with pizza shops giving discounts or free pizza. Or lottery tickets or icecream cone. How are they going to mark us so we only get one free something. What stickers on the vaccinated card ?
The Scarlett V.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
If Walmart wants to do that, it's their business (literally). But it's wrong if the govt wanted to do that. We have the option not to shop at Walmart, but govt involvement takes our options away. "Freedom" is really Freedom of Choice.

BTW- I'm quite sure Walmart's choice has to do with liability/compensation concerns, not our safety.

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
So far, WalMart has said nothing about requiring proof. It's early days yet and things could change, but so far, WalMart, Sam;s Club, Costco, Trader Joes have come out and dropped the requirement of mask without any discussion of proof.
Interestingly in our area Kroger has (so far) decided you need to mask up anyway - so I'll be shopping elsewhere until they get on board. Same with Home Depot. I expect more and more retailers to drop the requirement and move to optional as pressure mounts, but we'll see.

Walmart executives said in the memo that the retailer “will continue to request that non-vaccinated customers and members wear face coverings in our stores and clubs.” They said stores will have updated signs that reflect that new policy. They did not say if, or how, Walmart will verify if customers are vaccinated or not. (link)

·
Registered
33,579 Posts
That statement tells me everything I would ever need to know about you.
Please go on. I am very interested in your analysis and conclusion.

I have only worn a mask when barrier was restricted, and I had to go in. I have not got the shot, and may not. I am not sure I'll be just fine.

·
Be powerful. No other option exists.
41,250 Posts
Spring Creek Aromas said,
“That statement tells me everything I would ever need to know about you.”

You statement tells me that you are:
  • intolerant of people who think differently from you
  • intolerant of people with medical conditions that you aren’t aware of
  • willing to surrender your rights
  • critical of people who exercise their freedom
  • uninformed about creeping government control
  • haven’t studied history
  • haven’t read Brave New World and 1984

·
Registered
103 Posts

And you would be wrong about all the above with the exception of Brave New World and 1984.
I wasn't judging Kid......You on the other hand.....

·
Registered
10,825 Posts
I just feel like shot no shot mask no mask is setting the stage for more discrimination. Its already a thing on facebook with Facebook offering Im vaccinated stickers over your photo.
They're turning it into a meme, internet influencer's with very little real life experience, playing like experts.

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
Around here stores have/had the masks required to enter, however no one was stopping anyone from entering without a mask, and there were quite a few maskless shoppers going about their business without any hassles.
Nothing has changed for the most part, and I don't think anyone will be asking for proof of vaccination at Walmart.

·
Registered
4,235 Posts
If everyone shopped there as much as I do they'll go broke!!!

·
Registered
6,330 Posts

See, there you go making unfair assumptions about people based on incomplete information.

Maybe she HAS read Brave New World.... and thought the World State was the protagonist. I’ve met people who took that read, and they were CREE-PEE.

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
And you would be wrong about all the above with the exception of Brave New World and 1984.
I wasn't judging Kid......You on the other hand.....
Cool.
So tell us everything you know about Kiamichi, then.

His not wearing a mask nor getting the vaccine told you everything you needed to know. Whatd’ya get?

1 - 20 of 54 Posts